Calibration Engineer - Heavy Duty Diesel
£Competitive plus benefits
Automotive / Off-Highway
A Calibration Engineer is required to optimise the calibration of off-highway diesel engines and powertrains. Candidates with experience of engine calibration, preferably heavy duty engine / off-highway projects, would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this company, the world's largest independent company for development, simulation and testing technology of powertrains, requires a proactive Calibration Engineer, based at a client site in Peterborough, to ensure that all target criteria are met and that the powertrain works to its full efficiency in all operating conditions. As a Calibration Engineer you will be required to:
- Planning and execution of an engine development programme
- Calibration dataset development in-line with attribute targets
- Dataset validation for operational & test conditions
- Development & refining of engine test plans
- Analysis of results and preparation of recommendations
- Liaison and reporting to various functions within the organisation
- Promote robust solutions to address client issues using a portfolio of internal services and knowledge
The Calibration Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree qualified in an engineering discipline
- Good knowledge of Combustion Engine Fundamentals & factors effecting emissions and performance
- Good working knowledge of Engine Management Systems and related tools and software
- Experience of co-ordinating and executing tests on engine test beds
- Capable of working independently as well as part of large and small teams
- Understanding of worldwide emissions legislation (particularly NRMM Stage V) advantageous
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with calibration experience to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Peterborough based role will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Calibration Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Calibration Engineer role, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.