£26k - 30k per year
about 2 months ago
Role: Heath, Safety & Environmental Advisor
Location: Worcester (some local traveling involved)
Salary: £26'000 - £30'000 + (Depending on experience)
Hours: 8am - 4.30pm (Flexible start and finish)
Contract: 12 month full time contract potentially permanent
NATURE OF THE ROLE: Heath, Safety & Environmental Advisor
Ensure the business complies with current health, safety and environmental legislation, approved codes of practice and guidance in relation to employment and service provision.
Work proactively with managers to establish and maintain a system that promotes a culture of safe working practices.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Heath, Safety & Environmental Advisor
- Monitor all modifications to ensure that risk assessments have been carried out to the required standard.
- Implement/update process instructions to ensure that risks identified during risk assessments are managed in a safe and controlled manner.
- Plan, assist and participate in internal audits and inspections, including safety and environmental audits of contractors engaged by the group of companies, and submit written reports. Advise on any remedial actions required to the necessary internal or external stakeholders.
- Maintain accident statistics, analyse trends and propose and take remedial action where necessary. Investigate or arrange for all accidents and near-misses to be investigated, prepare report of findings, including recommendations to prevent recurrence and implement approved course of action. Where necessary prepare reports to the enforcing authority as required by the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations.
- Ensure the business complies with current health, safety and environmental legislation, approved codes of practice and guidance in relation to employment and service provision.
- Ensure that all personnel are fully aware of health, safety and environmental policies and procedures. Review policies and procedures annually or following any significant changes.
- Promote guidance, advice, understanding and compliance across the Company with any necessary statutory requirements, such as COSHH, Manual Handling, PPE, DSE, and Health and Hygiene standards and objectives.
- Identify any training requirements required for employees in relation to health, safety & environmental compliance. Where necessary carry out health & safety inductions/training for new starters, young persons, contractors and visitors, to ensure they have a standardised safe introduction to the business.
- Conduct formal audits as scheduled, to establish company compliance with current legislative requirements, and its own health, safety and environmental targets.
- Work proactively with managers to establish and maintain a system that promotes a culture of safe and environmentally sound working practices across the business
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES: Heath, Safety & Environmental Advisor
Activities that are required to fulfil the job role successfully:-
- Reduction in accident statistics
- Energy Reduction & Environmental improvements
- Successful premium & claim management
- Expenditure within agreed budget
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Heath, Safety & Environmental Advisor
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety, or equivalent qualification.
- Recent experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of health, safety & environmental legislation. (HSG 65 or similar)
- Experience of carrying out risk assessments.
- Experience of ISO 45001 or ISO 14001 health, safety & environment management systems.
- Exposure to internal H&S and environmental auditing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Current, valid driving license
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.