Competitive Plus Benefits
about 1 month ago
Health & Safety Lead
Salary Range: £Competitive plus Benefits
Health & Safety, NEBOSH, Quality, Environmental, CoSHH, HAVS, Risk Assessment
A Health & Safety Lead is required with knowledge of leading and implementing health & safety legislations, policies and procedures. Candidates with experience of the manufacturing and site installation sectors would be well received.
Due to continued growth and demand this company, a forward thinking and market leader based in Powys requires a proactive and hands on Health & Safety Lead for a new permanent role. As a Health & Safety Lead you will be required to:
- Overall responsibility for the H&S documentation and systems to ensure operations comply with recognized legislative Health & Safety Standards.
- Understand current Health & Safety legislation, regulations, best practise and commercial requirements to effectively manage risk control. This includes current CDM regulations.
- To ensure all Health & Safety policies and procedures are implemented and followed.
- To drive Health & Safety initiatives, monitor performance, complete the Group safety cloud reporting requirements and attend H&S forums as required.
- To actively promote and participate in companies drive for a continual improvement culture.
- Risk assessment of individual internal operations for development and preparation of SSoW in association with operational personnel and managers.
- Accident and near miss investigation and reporting – including notification of relevant authorities. Highlighting areas for corrective and preventative action.
- Monitor for hazards – including (but not limited to):- Environmental Hazards – Noise – CoSHH – HAVS – Asbestos - Workstation assessments.
The Health & Safety Lead should have the following skills or experience:
- Enthusiasm with a willingness to take ownership of the tasks and responsibilities given to this position, with the drive and flexibility to look ahead and plan accordingly.
- Ability to cope with technical information and be Well organised with excellent communication and time management skills.
- Commitment to personal development and further training - NEBOSH training is essential
- Ability to use own initiative and to prioritise a demanding workload.
- Understanding of, and commitment to, Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental processes, procedures, regulations and legislations, and their promotion.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of leading Health & Safety procedures, processes and policies seeking to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Powys based manufacturer and installation company will offer you:
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Opportunity to lead all health, safety and environmental activities both on and offsite allied with career progression and development
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Health & Safety and are NEBOSH qualified and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Lead Health & Safety role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.