We are currently seeking 3 Heat Treatment technicians for Permanent roles with a highly successful Engineering company based in Berkshire.
To undertake the processes of the heat treatment department to high levels of quality and to production schedules.
- To process and manufacture components.
- To competently operate machinery within the department and in other departments if required.
- To undertake department processes in a controlled and timely manner.
- To adhere to department standards and create records including quality certificates and process sheets.
- To maintain and carry out preventative maintenance programmes to all equipment.
- Advise Production Engineers on tooling, jigs and fixtures.
- To undertake personal development reviews, training and assessments.
- To observe the Health and Safety rules at all times
- To carry out any reasonable additional duties as requested by management.
Heat Treatment Specific
- Safe working practise of furnaces and heat treatment equipment.
- Preparation of parts - cleaning, applying stop-off paint & understanding required Heat Treatment Specifications.
- Preparation of Heat Treatment Loads.
- Creation of Heat Treatment Records.
- Loading and unloading of furnaces.
- Using hardness checking equipment to verify parts meet specification.
- Preparation of parts for next operations - cleaning, removal of masking media & protecting parts from corrosion or damage.
- Automated Deburring/Chamfering of components.
- Shot Peen of components.
- Straightening of components.
- Performing NDT operations.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a great company at a time of investment and expansion.
Hourly rate is commensurate with experience and there are some nice benefits on offer as part of the package.