An opportunity has become available as a Heat Treatment Operator for the world's premier supplier of high performance products and support services for commercial and military aircraft. This is a 3-6 month contract and is an urgent requirement.
You will be based at the clients brand new, state of the art facility in Wolvehampton, Staffordshire.
Aerospace or Aviation background preferred.
Main Duties as a Heat Treatment Operator will include:
- Provide special processing support by processing components to the technical requirements of NADCAP accreditation, within a controlled procedure.
- Operate a variety of furnaces from sealed quenched, vacuum, fluid bed and induction.
- Work from specific data cards on heat treatment processes covering carburising, harden and tempering, solution treatment, nitriding and stress relieving variety of various materials
- Set and adjust temperatures as required, load furnace following established practice, and operate as necessary to comply with established procedures.
- Maintain all required operation records and data cards, perform SAT checks on thermocouples and assist in TPM of all critical equipment.
- Submit parts and/or test pieces for hardness, tensile strength checks, also all other control checks following an established practice.
- Adhere to Environmental, Health and Safety practices for the facility and the immediate area.
To be successful as a Quality Inspector you must have the following:
- Heat treatment operational experience
- Experience of Heat Treatment operation techniques and this may be from practical experience working with AMS2750E or through examinati
- Experience of NADCAP
- A thorough understanding of pyrometric controls applicable to heat treating
- Hardness & tensile testing experience advantageous
- Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Be self-motivated and self-disciplined
- Demonstrated performance in Continuous Improvement
- Be computer literate
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.