Health Safety & Environmental Officer
Due to continued growth this well established presswork manufacturer are seeking a Health Safety and Environmental Officer.
Salary: circa £33,000 plus benefits
Suitable for: Health Safety & Envirnimental Officer, HSE Officer, Health and Safety Coordinator, Health and Safety Advisor
Commutable from: Birmingham, Bromsgrove, Redditch, Droitwich, Solihull, Worcester, Warwick
Job Purpose / Objectives
- Generate and implement safe working practices within the facility
- Audit process, conduct risk assessments and implement improvements.
- Ensure company complies with latest legislations
- Generate health safety and environmental policies
- Lead Health, safety and environmental meetings
- Promote and drive a health and safety /environmental culture within the factory.
- Maintain companies ISO14001:2015 certification.
Job Responsibiities and Major Activities
- Carry out ISO14001 audits and review and maintain management system in line with Environmental legislation
- Contribute to the business to help to achieve Environmental objectives
- Assess, analyse and collate environmental performance data and report to staff / management
- Ensure ISO14001 awareness is effectively communicated to management and staff.
- Prepare reports on health and safety / environmental aspects, in order to ensure that management have the information required to support decision making
- Generate key performance indicators (KPIs), relevant to all key areas for health safety and environmental standards.
- Assist peers to deliver ongoing improvement to business results
- Ensure any potential risks or hazards to the business or employees' area effectively communicated to management and staff
- Be contactable out of hours on the rare occasions this may be needed.
- Set up evidence monitoring for health and safety or environmental concerns tracking and reporting procedures,
- Review and if necessary, adjust current procedures and processes in order to improve the safety and limit risks to employees.
Key Skills and Attributes
- Leadership and man- management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent organisational and follow-up skills
- Competent in problem solving, planning and decision making
- Ability to work on own initiative
Experience and Qualifications
- AT least 3 years' experience in a similar role
- Health safety and ISO14001:2015 environmental training - IMEI / NEBOSH desirable but not essential.
- Able to review and maintain EMS and lead annual external Audit to ISO14001:2015 standard
- COSHH Trained
- Handling of H & S Investigations
- Experience of formulating, implementing and revising HS & E policies and procedures.
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered for this desirable Health and Safety Officer role with a highly respected employer.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.