Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Up to £50000.00 per annum + car + benefits
almost 2 years ago
Health, Safety & Environmental Manager
Salary circa £50,000 + car + benefits
Location: Home based (Midlands/Yorkshire) covering multiple sites
An experienced Health, Safety and Environmental Manager is required for an established business - part of a larger group involved in the refurbishment, replenishment and supply of specialist containers. This is a business at the forefront of automated maintenance, repair, clean and supply that works with a wide range of leading brands. The operation runs on an industrial scale with automated processes that include conveyor systems, robotic handling, abrading, steam cleaning and pressurised systems. As Health, Safety & Environmental Manager you will have an in-depth understanding of recent HSE legislation and more importantly a track record that demonstrates best practise HSE. In this role you will champion, introduce and develop a safety-based culture across all levels and areas of the business where all employees understand their obligations and responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act.
To be considered for this Health, Safety & Environmental Manager position you will have:
- Experience working within an industrial, fast paced manufacturing or process environment as a Health and Safety Manager and ideally be a chartered Member or Fellow of IOSH.
- Qualifications to a minimum of NEBOSH National General Certificate level or above will be required. An environmental qualification IEMA would be useful but is not essential.
- Experience working across all levels, from shop floor to Director, that demonstrates an ability to deliver and sustain a behaviour-based safety culture.
- A broad understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation related to a fast paced industrial/manufacturing workplace. This will include Manual Handling, RIDDOR, near miss reporting, PUWER, Fire, DSE, COSHH and Risk Assessment.
- Experience of OHSAS:18001 and ISO:14001 standards with the ability to audit against these requirements.
- Developed meaningful Health, Safety and Environmental KPIs that are supported by coaching and training that will deliver a zero-harm environment.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentation, with the credibility and ability to influence across the business.
This will be a high-profile position and you must have the credibility and management ability to deliver a programme of change that will deliver a behaviour-based safety culture that is supported at the highest levels of the business. This is a home-based role that will require travel to sites across the UK. The Ideal location would be North Midlands/Yorkshire and it is likely that occasional time will need to be spent away from home during the working week.