- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Health & safety
- Contact: Dan Plimmer
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446 174
- Expiry Date: 10 February 2022
- Job Ref: 60254
Health, safety, and environmental Manager
Electronics Automotive Tier 1
Salary between £45,000 & £50,000, Pension: 5% and 3%, 25 days holiday, 4 x Life cover
We are working with this very well run and respected automotive tier 1 who supply advanced electronic systems to all the major automotive and motorcycle OEMs across the UK and Europe.
This is a new role and provides the right candidate with exceptionally good career progression. You will be responsible for occupational health, safety and awareness, and environmental issues for the 300-employee strong, manufacturing and assembly plant based in Worcestershire. The plant is a clean, well run, organised operation. You will be working with a number of key stakeholders across the business, including operational shop floor staff and senior Directors.
We are ideally looking for HSE professionals who are qualified to NEBOSH Diploma level and have the following skills and experiences gained within a manufacturing, assembly or production environment.
- Compliance with Legal Obligations: Responsible for advising and assisting the Company Directors / Managers and other persons involved in planning, organising, controlling and maintaining a safe and healthy environment for work.
- To liaise with appropriate corporate, government, or legislative bodies as necessary and to represent the Companies interests with these bodies.
- Ensure the Company’s policies regarding Health, Safety and Environment are developed and maintained
- Ensure Health and Safety / Environmental Procedures are implemented and develop local work procedures to comply with legal obligations
- To maintain effective communication with all staff and external bodies in relation to Health & Safety and Environment.
- Manage Occupational Health.
- Manage contact with insurers, occupational testing contractors and other relevant external parties.
- Manage and co-ordinate environmental issues day to day, including site waste management streams.
Main areas of responsibilities:
- You will have knowledge and experience of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 Management systems. Have good working knowledge / understanding of current environmental legislation.
- Improve the overall environmental performance throughout the organisation by developing and promoting environmental programs to ensure that operations meet regulatory requirements.
- Interact effectively with external agencies, customers, suppliers, employees, corporate management, as well as site management.
- Collect and collate data in order to compile reports, or for data collection supporting customer requirements i.e., CDP
- Develop and implement environmental programs, policies, and compliance and training programs (i.e., ISO 14001) to ensure compliance with regulations, company polices, standards, and practices.
- Develop documentation, practices, processes, and monitoring.
- Involvement in site Environmental Organisation, Planning, Measurement and Audit/Review. Prepare, communicate, and implement responses and corrective actions.
- Conduct environmental audits and required inspections to ensure compliance with company procedures and third-party waste / recycling and disposal services.
- Recommend, develop, and track annual environmental targets and benchmarking for the facility.
- Prepare and coordinate reports, and maintain recordkeeping as required for new and existing processes and equipment.
Specific skills and experience to role:
- Prepare periodic reports
- Develop a range of communication medium e.g., Health and Safety & Environmental display board etc. to ensure that everyone is kept up to date with health and safety / environmental matters
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively orally and in writing to a wide and varied audience.
- The ability to provide technical and regulatory competence and confidence when communicating is essential
- Ability to work independently on own initiative with minimal supervision
- Ability to interpret and apply legislation and policy
- Ability to work as part of a small team and respond flexibly to change
- To support HR activities in investigations, disciplinary and grievance process
- Understanding of and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to analyse customer needs and make recommendations based on sound business knowledge and commercial acumen
- Ideally NEBOSH / IOSH / COSHH qualified and an Environmental qualification.
- Ideally other qualifications in related issues.
- Member of a recognised Health and Safety Institute.
- Driving Licence
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.