- Sector: Plastics
- Function: Health & safety
- Contact: Fraser Nibbs
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 07947 342669
- Expiry Date: 26 October 2021
- Job Ref: 59239
This Global manufacturer of polymer materials are currently recruiting for a Health, Safety and Environment manager to promote good health, safety, and environmental policies and culture at their Derbyshire site. The HSE Manager will have experience of working in a similar position within a manufacturing environment
The HSE Manager duties will include:
· To develop and implement a HSE strategy and plans to support the sites annual business plan and long term strategy.
· To review HSE policies, procedures and guidance in line with best practices and current and future HSE legislative requirements, and to make recommendations on their application and implementation.
· To ensure HSE management systems are maintained in accordance with relevant standards and company guidelines, policies and procedures and through regular review are continuously developed, improved and implemented through consultation and communication with senior managers and other line managers -
· To liaise between management and staff on all matters relating to SHE to ensure consistent application and understanding of policies and procedures and to propose, implement and monitor measures necessary to comply with HSE legislation and codes of practice.
· To continue implementation of the 14001 systems to obtain accreditation.
The HSE Manager will have:
· NEBOSH or equivalent in Health & Safety Management.
· IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management
· Graduate or Chartered member of IOSH (Institute of Safety and Health) -
· A minimum of 5 years' experience in HSE
· Strong leadership and influencing skills and the ability to form strong effective relationships. - The ability to constructively challenge safety behaviours, management thinking and current procedures and processes.
To apply for this position, please forward your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.