Role: HS&E Officer
Salary: £30,000 p/a - £33,000 p/a
- Our client is currently looking for an experienced HS&E officer to work alongside the H&S Manager, to Co-ordinate, support and advise the Business on all aspects with regards to Health, Safety and Environmental matters.
- To establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with HS&E within the company are adhered to.
- Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health.
- Ensure that all HS&E policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities
- Co-ordinate the development of HS&E policies, systems of work and procedures.
- Ensure full and accurate HS&E and training records are maintained.
- Establish a full programme of documented HS&E inspections, audits and checks.
- Establish a structured programme of HS&E training throughout the Company.
- Liaise with external HS&E consultants in the provision of training programmes and HS&E services.
- Manage and devise the agenda for, chair and formulate & distribute minutes for the HS&E Committee meetings. Ensure that all agreed action points are completed within deadlines.
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business.
- Provide regular reports to Senior Management Team on relevant HS&E activities.
- Participate in monthly meetings when required to report on relevant HS&E matters.
- Liaise with suppliers i.e. Insurers, solicitors etc.
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
Qualification & Person Specifications:
- At least 3 years recent and relevant experience in a similar role
- NEBOSH (General Certificate) qualified or working towards NEBOSH certificate accreditation
- NEBOSH Environmental Certificate
- COSHH Trained
- Provision of advice to managers/supervisors
- Handling of H&S investigations
- Experience of formulating, implementing and revising H&S policies and procedures
- NEBOSH Diploma
- Member of institute of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH)
- NEBOSH Diploma
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.