A Health, Safety and Environment Advisor is required by our client, a leading aerospace manufacturer based in Cheshire.
The HSE Advisor will support the HSE Manager with the continuous development and management of the HSE Management system in order to ensure all regulatory requirements are met.
The HSE Advisor will assist in delivering information and sharing best practice to the business as a whole and promote awareness and employee involvement in the company's HSE policies and procedures.
Key Responsibilities of the HSE Advisor:
- Carrying out site inductions for new starters and contractors
- Providing advice and guidance on compliance issues and keeping up-to-date with legislation requirements
- Helping to facilitate and coordinate workplace inspections, safety tours, internal and external audits and developing action plans to address key findings
- Coordinating risk assessments and publishing corrective action and progress charts
- Monitoring exposure to solvents, dust and noise and reporting back to the appropriate manager when necessary
- Compiling and maintaining COSHH data sheets
- Establishing and managing waste streams using registered contractors in order to minimise impacts to the environment
Key Skills and Experience Required for the HSE Advisor:
- Experience in a similar role, preferably within a manufacturing environment
- Solid understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental management systems
- A strong understanding of the principles of risk assessments and techniques
- Ability to apply reason and persuasion when required in order to initiate change
- NEBOSH general certificate in Occupational Health Safety and Health or equivalent
Please note a degree of flexibility to work outside standard business hours will be required in order to support the evening shift.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced HSE Advisor to progress their career within a globally successful aerospace manufacturer and we anticipate that demand for this role will be high.
Please apply today, or contact Sarah Davies on 01384 446143 for further information.