My client are successful production site based in the Wednesbury area and are part of a wider international group of companies.
They are looking for a Health, Safety and Environmental Officer to lead the sites health and safety activities.
They are looking for a health and safety background gained in the manufacturing and engineering sector.
To manage the Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental requirements of the site, including its employees, contractors and all visitors to the facility in line with the companies Mission and Values.
* To cease the operation if injury, damage or an environmental issue is imminent.
* Authorised to take immediate action to prevent or stop an unsafe practice taking place.
* Formulate policies, procedures and guidance notes in respect to our commitment to continuous improvement.
* Liaise with internal and external customer representatives on all HSE related matters.
* Represent the company on any HSE related matters.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The Health and Safety Officer reports to the General Manager.
The incumbent will manage all activities of a health, safety and environmental nature. He will ensure conformance across the works, whilst adhering to the corporate vision, mission and values.
Frequent communication with other key HSE personnel within the group will also be required.
The position purpose is to develop an environment of continuous improvement for all staff and employees, maintaining the focus on achieving the companies key performance indicators relating to health, safety and environmental.
The incumbent will ensure that the operation is conducted in a safe, environmentally responsible, efficient manner.
* Ensure compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act 2004.
* Ensure compliance among all staff and employees with the corporate 8 Step Safety Plan.
* Ensure compliance with all corporate environmental policies and procedures.
* To maintain a safe working environment by ensuring you work in accordance with company practices and uphold all Health & Safety and Environmental rules.
* Ensure that the work place remains hazard free and that all operations are carried out safely.
* Provide support to all Managers, Supervisors and Chargehands on HSE related matters.
* Review compliance with our legal obligations and ensure that all HSE related issues are addressed in a timely manner.
* Maintain records of all safety incidents, carry out investigations and make recommendations.
* Maintain the management system for hazardous substances.
* Carry out new starter safety inductions.
* To assist with employee rehabilitation programmes and providing aid in getting employees back to work.
* Manage the daily housekeeping inspection reports, ensure that observations, recommendations & actions are raised against non-conformance's and keep a log of open/closed actions.
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered for this attractive Health, Safety and Environmental Officer role.