Health and Safety Manager
£Competitive plus benefits
A Health and Safety Manager is required to lead the development and implementation of the HSE strategy within a fast-moving organisation developing compact fusion technology. Candidates with experience of working within a hi-tech engineering industry and a tangible knowledge of Health and Safety would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this company, a leading Fusion Energy System Developer based in Abingdon, requires a proactive Health and Safety Manager to be responsible for the practical application of health and safety policy on the ground, assisting management, employees and contractors in undertaking the measures needed to comply with requirements of company policy, legislation and/or statutory provisions. As a Health and Safety Manager you will be required to:
- Work with senior management to develop the company health and safety strategy, policy and procedures
- Prepare health and safety strategies and develop internal policy
- Lead Health and Safety communication and safety culture development process
- Lead in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks
- Provide expert advice on topics including: Risk assessment, fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational health issues
- Develop safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented and develop a framework for management to do the same
- Produce management reports on communication, culture, practices, performance, improvement & legislation
The Health and Safety Manager should have the following skills or experience:
- IOSH is a minimum requirement and NEBOSH is desirable
- Proven experience of Health and Safety Management within an engineering environment
- Ability to engage, coach and mentor other members of staff
- An understanding of radiological HSE issues would be beneficial
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with experience of working in a fast-moving development environment to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Abingdon based Fusion Energy System Developer will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Health and Safety Manager and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Health and Safety Manager role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.