Title: Health & Safety Manager
Location: Newton Abbots
Salary: Competitive Salary + Company Benefits
We are currently recruiting for an experienced H&S Manager to work for our client at their facility in Newton Abbots, this is an exciting role that gives the suitable candidate full responsible for creating and promoting a positive and sustainable HS culture across all manufacturing and site services facilities.
The role is a hands on position that would be involved in defining and developing policies and objectives for the company on all aspects of HS Management.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure effective implementation of HS strategy and monitor HS performance.
- Chair company health, safety and environmental committee meetings.
- Ensure compliance with ISO 45001 in all areas of the business.
- Delivery of appropriate HS training and awareness to all employees including coaching and developing employees and management in all aspects of HS.
- Ensure detailed risk assessments are in place and regularly reviewed and updated as necessary.
- Ensure recommendations and action points from internal and external health, safety audits are actioned and managed.
- Implement where necessary and ensure health and safety monitoring systems are completed, recorded and actioned.
- Ensure all accident, incidents and near misses are recorded and appropriate action taken as necessary.
- Ensure that appropriate health and safety procedures are implemented and reviewed regularly, and that staff receive the appropriate training and refresher training to carry out these procedures.
- Management of Occupational Health provision.
- Travel to other company sites across and outside of the UK.
- To professionally represent company to all external parties.
- Health and Safety diploma, NEBOSH or equivalent qualification
- Successful track record in the management of health and safety in a production, engineering or manufacturing environment
- Proven training and coaching skills
- Extensive knowledge of HSE, ISO45001 and other legislative requirements and systems
- Persuasive communication skills to present health and safety policies at senior management and board level, able to influence decision making at senior level
- Strong time management skills to balance responsibilities
- Passport valid for immediate travel
- Driving licence valid in the UK & EU
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.