We are currently recruiting for a Health & Safety Manager on behalf of the world's leading supplier of critical control solutions. The company's main goal is to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments. They are looking for a Health & Safety Manager to pro-actively support the site leadership team and business unit in implementing SHE processes and delivering SHE strategy.
We are ideally looking for someone who comes from a Aerospace/Engineering background and you will be based in Wimborne, Dorset.
As a Health & Safety Manager your main responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for attending site leadership meetings in order to progress the SHE agenda
- Apply suitable and sufficient SHE arrangements locally
- Ensures proactive management principles and tools (e.g. root cause analysis, cost benefit analysis, risk assessments, carbon foot-printing, LC assessment etc.) are applied locally
- Ensures that reactive principles are recorded and reported to BU SHE Lead
- Monitors SHE performance and ensures internal assurance processes are in place locally
- Ensures area of responsibility is in compliance with regulatory and corporate requirements
- Ensures suitable and sufficient advice and guidance is communicated to operational management
- Development, implementation and monitoring of objectives and targets locally to continually improve through the Cobham SHE Standards
- Manages financial resource to ensure suitable and sufficient SHE management locally
- Develop, provide or arrange suitable and sufficient SHE training locally
As a Health & Safety Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Proven experience as a minimum at SHE Advisor/Coordinator level.
- Complex manufacturing business experience is essential (all types of manufacturing business considered)
- NEBOSH General Certificate part qualified or equivalent.
- Affiliated member of internationally recognised Occupational Safety and Health organisation (e.g. IOSH)
- Affiliated member of recognised environmental organisation (e.g. IEMA) would be highly desirable.
- Internal Auditor ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 (ISO45001) would be highly desirable
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) to keep current with best practice within the industry