Health & Safety Manager
£40,000 to £46,000 plus Benefits
A FMCG manufacturing company are looking for a Health & Safety Manager to manage the health & safety across a 24/7 manufacturing facility. You will be NEBOSH qualified with strong fast paced manufacturing background with strong knowledge of COSHH assessment, risk assessment and health & safety training. This role is standalone where you will have to be a physical presence on the production floor.
As a Health Safety Manager your day-to-day responsibilities will consist of.
- Reporting into the Chief Operating Officer you will be responsible for maintaining, implement and communicate on a day-to-day basis Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
- To ensure both legal compliance is adhered to and best practice is adopted to ensure that principles are robustly embedded, maintained and communicated across the site.
- Develop and ensure that all local safety management systems are maintained and kept up to date at both sites.
- Site lead for Environmental improvement activity and to spearhead an ongoing CI approach towards environmental risk issues.
- Provide high quality professional advice to Line Managers on all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and good practice.
- Collate, analyse and interpret accident statistics, including weekly reports where comparisons and trends can be identified and appropriate corrective action taken.
- Coordinate and attend all site-based Health, Safety and Environment meetings and provide relevant information to ensure proactive outcomes.
- Risk assessments: to assist in and to ensure the quality of task-based assessments, manual handling and COSHH assessments.
- Ensure PPE is adequately sourced, ordered, distributed and controlled for both sites
An exciting opportunity for a Health & Safety Manager with the following.
- NEBOSH qualified with experience working within fast paced manufacturing environments.
- Confident working within a standalone role, with the ability to implement processes and procedures.
- Strong understanding of COSHH assessments, risk assessment and accident investigation.
- Previous experience managing chemicals and other products that are risk to health.
- Positive thinking and self-motivated individual with good communication skills
If you are a Health & Safety Manager with the right experience and you want to be considered, please apply today or please contact James Randall at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 07947343990.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.