Health & Safety and Quality Officer
Salary: £ Negotiable
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Health & Safety and Quality Officer to work for our client at their site In Wolverhampton. The role of the Health, Safety and Quality Officer is to co-ordinate, support and advise the Business on all aspects about Health, Safety and Quality. To establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health and Safety.
Duties and responsibilities would include:
- Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Co-ordinate the development of health & safety policies, systems of work and procedures.
- Ensure full and accurate health and safety and training records are maintained.
- Establish a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks.
- Establish a structured programme of health & safety training throughout the Company.
- Liaise with external health & safety consultants in the provision of training programmes and health and safety services.
- Manage and devise the agenda for, chair and formulate & distribute minutes for the Health & Safety Committee meetings.
- Ensure that all agreed action points are completed within deadlines.
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business.
- Provide regular reports to the Human Resources Manager, Board of Directors/Senior Management Team on relevant health and safety activities.
- Participate in monthly meetings when required to report on relevant health & safety matters.
- Liaise with suppliers i.e. Insurers, solicitors etc.
- Any other reasonable duties, which may be required by management from time to time. o Office Based with needs to visit sites accordingly
- Supervises the Quality Control functions/activities of a project or its parts, including Quality Control inspection schedules and the collection of Quality Records.
- Supports the Construction Manager in dealing with the Client for all the Quality matters.
- Assesses the implementation of the Quality Plan and Quality Control Plans on the site.
- Allocates Quality Control personnel to the various areas of site activity.
- Supervises inspections, reports and the documentation issued by inspectors, collect, and file the required Quality Records.
- Evaluates the qualifications of welders and Non Destructive Test-NDT technicians with regard to the activities assigned
- Evaluates the qualifications of inspection personnel.
- Supports the construction roles in the management and control of subcontractors.
- Supports and participate to all the internal/external audits.
- Coordinates the relevant Tracking Systems for correct identification of materials.
- Supervises the correct equipment calibration management activities.
- Supports the Welding & Non Destructive Test-NDT qualification activities.
- Cooperates to issue the Welding Procedures (WP).
- Cooperate with the Project Quality Engineer (PQE) to analyze non-conformities.
- Supervises inspection of defect renewal and welding.
- Office Based with need to visit site
Qualifications & Skills:
- Qualified in leading UK Health & Safety schemes
- A relevant professional qualification e.g. NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent degree.
- A good working knowledge of the CDM2015 Regulations.
- Experience of Construction or Energy or Waste environment sectors is desirable.
- Experience of Environmental and Quality Management systems
- Extensive knowledge of effective health and safety management strategies and best practice.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills and the ability to challenge constructively.
- Good analytical and numerical skills.
- Good Microsoft skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels.
- Effective team working and networking skills and the ability to work independently using own initiative.
- The ability to plan, prioritise and organise own workload.
- To be able to work hours that are needed in-order to complete the workload
- To be flexible and work on different sites and different times – travelling to multiple sites regularly is part of the job
- Holds appropriate professional qualification such as ISO lead auditor
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.