Job title: Health & Safety Advisor / Officer
Hourly rate: £20.00 to £25.00 per hour
A leading automotive component manufacturer is recruiting for an experienced Health and Safety Officer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Day to day running of H&S function
- Liaise with relative functions and management, and provide advice and guidance on H&S matters to conform with regulation requirements
- Assist and support risk assessments
- Compilation of safe systems of work
- Writing and implementing procedures, safe systems of work and relevant H&S documentation
- Auditing H&S processes
- Accident investigation
- Preparing and collating data and issuing KPI's
- Taking guidance from H&S Specialist on any additional tasks.
- Manufacturing background
- Ergonomics experience - desirable
- NEBOSH qualification certificate, or diploma is preferred
- Managing ISO 18001
- Excellent interpersonal, organisation and communication skills.
- Problem solving: Able to use a range of methods to identify and solve issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Comprehensive knowledge and use of MS office packages.