Health and Safety Advisor
An opportunity has arisen for a Health and Safety Advisor to work one of the world's largest snacking companies, based at their site in Birmingham.
This is a short-term role to support implementation of Fire Safety provision for means of escape for Disabled Employees & Visitors to all UK sites.
Ensuring that the business is legally compliant & complies with fire safety legislation and the relevant sections of the Equality Act, and any pending updates to this legislation.
The role will implement and educate an effective fire safety management system that achieves and maintains compliance.
- Design an evacuation plan for disabled employees, visitors, contractors across sites
- Implement & educate and advise on ergonomics/work locations for disabled persons across sites
- Review Disabled Building access & facilities (including car parking) & door access points
- Review & implement safe fire evacuation standards for exiting disabled people from building.
- Develop Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans (PEEPs) for employees & regular visitors & perform risk assessments where necessary
- Develop standard plans for occasional visitors (to be held at reception points and are advertised and offered to people as part of the entry/reception process.
- Develop/educate & advise on staff training to provide assistance and advice to disabled users of the building if an incident develops.
- Engagement/Stakeholder Management
- Communicate and educate fire emergency evacuation process to building managers, facilities management, disabled employees, reception, security, occupational health etc, ensuring understanding of planning for means of escape
- Design and implement documentation for disabled employees and Line Managers on roles & responsibilities during fire evacuation procedure.
- Able to advise using expert knowledge
- Able to educate AND engage implementation of action
Health and Safety experience essential
IOSH / IIRSM
This is a 6 month contract offering an hourly LTD company rate of up to £26.60 depending upon experience.
If you would like to know more about this role, please contact Sarah Gilbert or Kate Stevens at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.