Health and Safety Advisor
£Competitive plus benefits
A Resident Health and Safety Advisor is required to play a key role in the operations of a new state-of-the-art powertrain testing facility. Candidates with experience working in a Health and Safety role with a good understanding of the Health and Safety at work act 1974 would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this company, the world's largest independent company for development, simulation and testing technology of powertrains, based in Coventry, requires a Health and Safety Advisor. As the Health and Safety Advisor you will be required to:
- Provide advice and support to management, employees, visitors and contractors on all aspects of Health and Safety on site.
- Advise the Head of Quality Safety and Security on the site's compliance with the interpretation of the Health and Safety at work act, the management of Health and Safety at work regulations and all other regulations.
- Encourage and promote pro-active behaviours towards Health and Safety.
- Reviewing policies and procedures, carry out incident investigations and carry out training and inductions.
- Ensure suitable safe systems of work are in place.
- Reviewing the organisations Health and Safety policies and procedures, carry out incident investigations and carry out training and inductions.
The Health and Safety Advisor should have the following skills or experience:
- NEBOSH Diploma in Health and Safety.
- Experience of undertaking risk assessments including COSHH and PUWER.
- Relevant experience of managing contractors under CDM regulations.
- Commercial acumen and ability to translate Health and Safety requirements and legislation into common knowledge for all employees, visitors and contractors.
- Ability to organise and prioritise responsibilities and workload along with multi-tasking a variety of projects.
- Knowledge and experience with OHAS 18001 and ISO45001 would be a benefit.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with experience in Health and Safety and in return for your experience, this Coventry based powertrain consultancy will offer you:
- Private Health Care
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Health and Safety professional and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Justin Wainwright at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889267.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.