Health and Safety Advisor
£Competitive plus benefits
A Health and Safety Advisor is required to provide advice and support to management, employees, visitors and contractors ensuring adherence to policy on an initial 6 month Fixed Term Contract (FTC). Candidates with experience or knowledge of OHAS 18001, ISO45001 and ISO9001 would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this company, the world's largest independent company for development, simulation and testing technology of powertrains, based in Coventry requires a proactive Health and Safety Advisor to ensure, as far as reasonably practicable, that the Company operates within the provisions of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and subsequent specific legislation. As a Health and Safety Advisor you will be required to:
- Advise the Head of Quality, Safety & Security on the sites compliance with the interpretation of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, the management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations and all other relevant legislation
- Maintain and propose the relevant site KPIs
- Assist in planning and promoting a positive Health and Safety culture to all levels of their respective sites
- Developing and delivering annual toolbox talks and other awareness training as necessary
- Ensure that all sites Health and Safety inspections, incidents, assessments and audits are, when applicable, instigated, investigated/undertaken, recorded, monitored and reviewed on time
- Implement/follow the recommendations and guidance provided by the Head of Quality, Safety & Security and adopting industry, group or local best work practices where possible (this may require you to travel within the group)
- Ensure suitable and sufficient safe systems of work are in place (e.g. RAMs and permits to work)
- Undertaking new starter, visitor and contractor health and safety inductions
- All health and safety actions are appropriately acted upon
- Support the site fire marshals and first aiders to enable them to perform their duties efficiently and effectively
The Health and Safety Advisor should have the following skills or experience:
- NEBOSH Certificate in Health and Safety (or equivalent)
- Experience undertaking risk assessments (including COSHH and PUWER)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible & adaptable to changing work requirements
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with health and safety experience to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Coventry based powertrain consultancy will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Health and Safety Advisor and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Health and Safety Advisor role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.