We are currently seeking an experienced and forward thinking Systems and Applications Manager for a role with a company involved in the development of cutting edge Power technologies
This is a broad role, encompassing a range of skill sets and discipline.
As Head of Systems & Applications there are two main aspects to your role:
- Line management responsibilities to a small team of engineers (currently 4)
- Technical expertise and leadership to support the development of technologies and applications
The Systems & Applications team has a broad remit which covers system concept development & selection through to hardware testing, integration, validation and support to customer field trials. As head of this team you will have a proven track record leading complex multi-disciplinary development programs against aggressive timescales.
- Lead and manage a small team of talented engineers, providing line management support as well as technical guidance and professional mentoring
- Create and maintain inter-departmental processes as required, whilst leading continuous improvement of team skills, tools and capabilities
- Manage change to ensure the structure and remit of the System & Applications team evolves as the product and company does
- Take technical responsibility for the output of the Systems and Applications team within the fields of mechanical development, thermodynamics, data analysis, systems integration, validation and certification
- Support the business in its high-level planning activities and NPI objectives, including technology road-mapping
- Cascade business objectives into detailed project plans including key milestones, budget and resource requirements
- Identify resource constraints and proactively solve them
- Represent the company and its mission in front of customers, suppliers, investors and partners as required by the business
- Provide frequent and accurate reports to Chief Engineers & Directors regarding project progress, highlighting risks to project timing and delivery
- Batchelor's or Master's degree in relevant Engineering discipline (Systems, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Automotive or Aerospace)
- >10 years' related industry experience, including of line management
- Sound technical understanding of thermal & fluid dynamics, control systems, hydraulics and vapour cycles
- Excellent communication, problem solving and team working skills
- Effective task prioritisation, being able to manage multiple time-critical projects in parallel
- The ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-growing and rapidly changing work environment
- Ability to highlight and implement continuous improvement opportunities
- Knowledge and experience of the Transport Refrigeration Industry
- Understanding of Pressure Safety Systems Regulations and on-vehicle certification requirements
The job will be located primarily in Croydon, with regular travel to meetings with partners, customers and suppliers in the UK and overseas.
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience level.
This is an excellent time to join this ambitious company at a key stage in their history.