- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Supply chain
- Contact: Matthew Heath
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446187
- Expiry Date: 31 May 2022
- Job Ref: 60733
Head of Supply Chain – West Midlands
In support of a firmly established West Midlands manufacturing company within the global automotive sector and reporting to the General Manager, the HoSC needs to be an experienced supply chain professional who has experience in leading an existing team and can work closely with commercial and operational teams to support the accurate overall performance of the organisation. A strong working exposure to materials management is key.
MRP driven and having a real strength in process, the HoSC will already understand the automotive sector and be from a manufacturing environment. Supporting an annual spend of c£10m, the HoSC will look to develop the existing team and departmental activity to ensure supply chain conformance and accuracy of internal communication.
The role will:
- Work with the GM and in partnership with the Leadership Team in defining and deploying strategic business goals
- Directly lead and manage site Procurement, Materials, Planning and Customer Account Management staff
- Working closely with the Group Senior Leadership team, to ensure Group financial performance is achieved through robust supply chain management.
- Working in collaboration with various functional managers in the UK and their sister site in Europe to ensure efficient and predictable material supply and delivery in to and out of the business.
- Coach and mentor functional Managers within the SCM team.
In addition, the role will:
- Lead the supply chain organisation through a lean operational excellence framework.
- Implement Supply Chain Management (SCM) and Inventory Management (IM) best practice and procedures across a broad portfolio of product families.
- Work in collaboration with Group FP&A Manager to improve and develop EFACs ERP to deliver a more business systems driven environment.
- Lead the streamlining and efficiency improvements in European distribution policy working with sourcing and logistics external partners.
- Responsible for demand and supply forecasting, inventory planning and capacity management to meet the needs of their customer base.
- Ensure that when carrying out demand and supply planning that financials and product portfolio management is also incorporated to achieve fully integrated business planning process.
- Review demand forecasting, supply planning, inventory and purchasing processes and via the deployment of lean tools implement changes in procedures to optimize manufacturing productivity, customer satisfaction and EFACs (company MRP tool).
- Enhance business processes and procedures that enable the Procurement team to generate raw material requirements from the demand plan and ensure the sourcing plan supports production.
- Make decisions regarding the movement, storage and processing of inventory with focus on the most efficient levels for each plant, specifically UK.
- Using experience and subject matter expertise oversee incremental improvements at plant level to improve operational performance and improve KPI's.
- Ensure the provision of skills, training, and resource to develop and best in class supply chain team within the business.
- Lead tactical response to supply chain problems impacting service performance and customer satisfaction.
- Manage relationship with sales force and provide processes for affecting the inventory plan based upon changes in the marketplace and well as contractual commitments to customers.
- Manage interface with sales and customer account management and streamline data flows from quotation to invoice.
- To ensure adherence with all compliance and regulatory standards and operate with integrity at all times.
- Communicate with internal finance and the outside auditors in the planning, organisation, and evaluation of the Company's physical inventory.
- Optimising inventory levels through establishing EOQ and stock min order levels
- Manage and improve reduction in slow moving & obsolete stock
Travelling into the market (UK and EU) to support supply chain and customer needs as necessary, the new HoSC will have the personal attributes to support and drive the overall success of their department through management and direct engagement.
If you feel you have the skills, experience and drive to support this position, then please apply directly or contact Matthew Heath. (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.