Head of Supply Chain
£55,000 to £60,000 + excellent pension
Cornwall (relocation package available)
Operating from 10 sites across the globe employing 1,500 people, our client is a niche engineering manufacturer selling over 1million units per year into multiple sectors such as Bio-pharmaceutical, Water and Waste, Food & Beverage, Mining and the Chemical industry.
Impressive 10% YoY continuous growth has driven them to strengthen their supply chain to take the business to the next level future proofing them for further expansion.
We are now looking for a Head of Supply Chain to bring their expertise to drive best practice and continuous improvement. The supply chain has historically relied on it's fantastic supplier and customer relationships but they are now at a stage where systems, procedures and cost savings initiatives are a must.
The new Head of Supply Chain will need come from a technical manufacturing or engineering background due to the nature of the product. There is an excellent chance for further progression the next few years as the business continues to grow and you will in turn strengthen your team further.
About the role
- Lead a team of 20, across 3 departments including Materials, Planning and Procurement
- Enhance and develop all aspects of the supply chain ensuring that all materials are supplied at the lowest possible cost, delivered on-time in full and to the highest quality specification.
- Responsibility for the control of all physical material stocks both on site and stock held at suppliers.
- Develop and implementation of best practices within the procurement, sourcing and material planning functions
- Lead the integration of New Product Development into the operational supply chain ensuring supply
- costs are met at each stage of product development and introduction
- Ideally qualified to Level 4 CIPS
- Minimum of HNC / HND in Engineering, Business Studies or alternative subject.
- Extensive experience of product planning and procurement systems.
- Ability to effectively use computer and communication technology such as Microsoft Office.
- Experienced in establishing excellent relationships with suppliers.
- Extensive experience of negotiating complex and significant purchasing agreements with
- Experienced and commercially astute in securing the best possible agreement
- Excellent project management skills.
- Comprehensive managerial experience
- Strong leader able to develop and nurture a large supply chain team
- Able to challenge both internal and external stakeholders confidently
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of supply chain continuous improvement and have an engineering or technical manufacturing background and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Head of Supply Chain role, please contact Scott Williams at Jonathan Lee Recruitment PSC17