Head of Quality
A Head of Quality is required for a leading Tier 1 Automotive supplier based in Telford. As Head of Quality you will be responsible for managing and driving continuous improvement within quality systems to ensure the robust manufacture of quality products in-line with customer requirements and expectations.
The Head of Quality will have led cross-functional quality teams to enable the management of Quality Systems, Customer Quality, Production Quality, Project Quality and Laboratory activities.
The key responsibilities of Head of Quality:-
- Manage all quality activities and deliverables within the Telford plant
- Management representative for corporate quality and Customer quality interface and external audit and customer audit standards
- Manage plant Quality Systems deliverables and activities ensuring compliance with TS16949, Corporate and Customer requirements.
- Manage Cost of Quality deliverables ensuring spend remains within plant budget and corporate measurables are met with regards to External / Internal Failure Cost, Appraisal Cost and Prevention Cost.
- Support CI activities to drive Quality improvements, Cost reduction and Cost Avoidance projects. Ensure CI concepts / processes robustly driven through corporate' Master Plan' process.
- Manage and facilitate regular QM and BOS reviews to ensure robust controlling of plant processes
- Drive Supplier Performance improvement activities through robust engagement with Purchasing SQM activities
- Conformance to TS16949 and ISO14001 standards
- HND/ HNC, or Degree in Engineering
- Proficient in G.D.T, problem solving, SPC, APQP, Quality System requirements
- Knowledge of TS16949
- Extensive knowledge of Customer Specifics
- Understanding of Environmental, Health & Safety requirements
- Knowledge of manufacturing process control
- Proficient in techniques required to promote continuous improvement
Skills & Experience
- 5 to 10 years Quality Management experience within the Automotive Industry
- Experience of working with multiple customers
- Experience of working in a fast pace environment
- Experience of facilitating and managing ISO/TS and Customer Audits
Applicants who are interested in pursuing this exciting Quality Manager role should apply or contact Katharine Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment for more information.