Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
over 1 year ago
Job Title: Head of Projects
Location: Stoke on Trent
Position Type: Permanent
- The Programme Manager will play a vital role in driving day to day deliverables to meet
- Customer requirements, on time, to cost and compliant with the specified Quality standards.
- Effective cross functional working with Sales, Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality and
- Procurement will be essential, so that Customer requirements are fully defined and deliveries are prioritised to meet the business needs.
- You will be the focal point for all Customer Project liaison, establishing strong Customer and stake holder relationships, particularly in the execution of the Thames Tideway Project.
- Additionally, you will be a key part of the senior management team who are expected to drive key initiatives to deliver business growth.
- Implementing rigorous project management disciplines and processes across the business, ensuring the application of robust planning, monitoring and control methodologies are employed.
- Preparation and upkeep of effective project plans, so that programme dependencies are understood, critical mile stones are identified and programme risks are appropriately mitigated, to ensure deliveries on time and to cost.
- Providing the direct interface with the Customer, downstream of the Sales order, to ensure effective Customer communications, through to delivery and task close out.
- Rigorously manage the contract, so that milestone payments are progressed in an effective manner and variation orders are agreed, to capture any increased costs arising from contract changes.
- Interfacing with Sub Tier contractors and the Customer, to ensure appropriate stake holder management for the Thames Tideway Project and alignment with the NEC3 (Engineering and Construction contract) requirements.
- Managing and developing an equipment Installation team, to provide a comprehensive customer service, ensuring appropriate staff training and compliance with associated Health & Safety legislation.
- Producing a monthly management report incorporating Key Performance Indicators associated with on time delivery, milestone payments / risks, appraisal status and others to be agreed.
- Supporting the development and refinement of the EFACS system, to meet the business need.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Engineering / Project Management Degree
- PRINCE 2 / Association of Project Management certified.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a substantive Programme Management role. Strong Commercial awareness
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to enhance team performance. Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities Proven negotiating skills.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.