Role: Head of Projects
Salary: Competitive Salary
- We are currently recruiting for an experienced Head of Projects to work for our client who is a progressive and dymanic engineering business, the role will be working on a number of complex engineering construction projects and will be reporting to the MD.
- The position will be responsible and accountable in managing and leading a team of skilled Project Managers and Engineers in delivering outstanding customer experience across major investment projects and complex technical programmes.
- Focusing on customer communications, delivering on-time, on-budget and in-scope projects for the varied solutions offered.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Head of projects will be responsible for building and implementing the plans, systems, technologies, resources and processes that enable our client to deliver the sustained growth and profitability within the overall business plan while representing strong value, assurance of contracted outcomes and reputational growth with our customers, clients and their industries.
- Head of Projects should be confident in identifying systems and procedures to enhance Project deliverables whilst developing skills, knowledge, and experience in their team.
- Involved in implementation of Project and/or Construction Management control systems and methodologies is vital as is extensive experience of best practice Project Management planning, control and monitoring approaches including the effective reporting of risk and opportunity both financially as well as for Health and Safety and Quality outcomes.
- The role is expected to maximise all opportunities to create repeat business through excellent delivery of Projects, supporting brand image and enhancing other business revenue streams such as cleanroom validation, consumables, and equipment.
- Working in collaboration and support the Operations and the Business Development teams, both in the UK and European offices to ensure excellent customer satisfaction of both UK and international customers.
- To promote company in developing new and continued client customer relationships, to enhance, strengthen and ensure consistent delivery of the business in all areas.
- Overall responsibility, management and achievement towards customer goals and project deliverables from the quoting and tender process through to practical completion and handover, ensuring that the standards are maintained, and that customer and project team focus is forefront.
- Encouraging and supporting site teams to innovate and challenge in the quest to exceed our client’s expectations.
- Ensure systems, procedures and technical data are integrated, supporting smooth project delivery.
- Supporting the undertaking of risk management, planning & programming from tender submissions, through to completion on all major client programmes and opportunities
Benefits & Culture:
- In-depth induction & orientation of the business and your role
- Continuous learning & development opportunities
- Competitive company contributory pension scheme
- Health benefits with a health care scheme and rewards
- Mentoring & coaching specialist programmes
- Team building activities & awards
- Lots of opportunity to make your mark by joining focus groups, charity team, environmental team, corporate social responsibility group, the Brexit team and many more
- Competitive salary and company car or travel allowance
Knowledge & Skills:
- Project Management and Programme Management principles
- IT literate in MS Office applications, Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Business Systems including Accounts
- Budgetary control
- Excellent stakeholder management skills evidenced by development of long-term customers
- Monthly reporting and KPIs
- Desirable - Sage systems (50 or 200), B2B, Good knowledge of cleanroom industry
- Experience of managing technical projects with a high degree of customer facing activity
- History of involvement across a project lifecycle including business development, design, and delivery
- 5 GCSEs grade C or above including English & Maths
- Degree qualified in Engineering, technical field, Project, or Construction Management or equivalent
- Project Management Qualification – APM or similar
- CDM Regulations
- SMSTS & CSCS
- Health & Safety in the Workplace
- Continued Professional Development in discipline
- Member of Engineering/Project Management professional institute i.e. CIBSE
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.