Head of Programmes - Coventry
Reporting to the Vice President Program Management for this international aerospace and defence manufacturing company in Coventry, the Head of Programmes will provide oversight and leadership to a Program Management Office (PMO).
The Head of Programmes will monitor the activities of the PMO, ensuring highest levels of quality as well as reporting the status and issues to the VP of Program Management. You will be the focal point of the PMO within the business unit and you will work collaboratively with the Executive Leadership Team to meet or exceed our Customer's expectations in terms of quality, cost and delivery. In addition to the above requirements this role will also require the management of programmes as required to support the programme management function.
Based on our Clients' range of electro-mechanical equipment with 9 sites located in the UK, USA and Singapore, the PMO's prime accountabilities are:
- Member of Site Leadership Council (SLC) representing the PMO. Communicating new or revised policies, procedures or any critical information to the group
- Manage site PMO budgets including forecasts and approving travel plans
- Attends all weekly and monthly Executive meetings
- Supports all non-customer audits (ie: Quality, ISO, AS, Trade Compliance, etc.)
- Assists in the generation and modification of PMO policies and procedures as well as ensuring adherence
- Supports Marketing with new business opportunities for customers or programmes not assigned
- Monitors, manages and mentors Program Manager / Project Manager / Coordinator performance
- Assists Program Manager / Project Manager / Coordinator to eliminate internal constraints and prioritise tasks within the site
- Leads execution of production system activities for PMO to achieve and maintain high standards
The roles' responsibilities will include:
- Supports new business activities by providing the program management section of proposals. After contract award, coordinates and works with marketing to develop plans and set strategy for achieving follow-on business
- Acts as a proactive company representative and prime customer contact for all assigned programs
- Identifies and secures program team members in agreement with SBU and Functional Heads
- Maintains a risk management system where risks and issues are identified, prioritised and mitigation plans and recovery strategies are defined and actioned
- Responsible for all facets of assigned programs working within objectives, goals and funding requirements
- Produces and manages the Program Management Plan, ensuring all aspects of the program, including Technical, Commercial and Supply Chain activities are integrated into a Master Program Schedule, where specific tasks are assigned to various functional organisations
- Allocates and controls funds and prepares reports to monitor actual verses budgeted costs. As necessary, negotiate changes in the contractual agreement due to changes in specifications, schedules, or any other element of the agreement.
- Participate in the resolution of technical and commercial in-service issues, especially with regards to Customer Interaction and relationship.
To support this significant role level, you will need to have/be:
- Bachelors' degree in Engineering preferred or similar.
- Extensive experience in Program Management
- Strong aerospace background where possible
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple activities, projects and personnel issues
- Effective motivator, mentor, communicator and problem solver
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience with continuous improvement techniques
- Able to travel
If you feel you have the range of experience, skills and attributes to support this significant position, then please apply directly, or contact Matthew Heath in writing ().