Head of Product Design - Munich
As an entrepreneur being obsessed with detail, the Head of Product Design has the unique opportunity to shape the overall design of our Clients' completely aviation focused product.
Based in Munich, this highly important role will design and define our Clients' future Customer flying experience from the landing pad to the aircraft, safety and the Customer journey. Through developing the design language and design strategy for our Client, the Head of Product Design will build and lead teams that push the limits of innovation, putting the Customer in focus.
Encouraging pure design innovation, a comprehensive engineering integration and a 'timelessness' focus on detail with a long-term view, this role will report directly to the CTO and will work closely with the core Leadership team to create innovation.
The role will specifically:
- Establish, lead and execute the business and growth strategy for our Clients' aviation and transport Product Design department by building a world class transportation design team from the ground up
- Create and lead innovation on interior and exterior design as well as the user interface for our Client's aviation product design
- Implement long term design standards that reflect a holistic, customer centred and entrepreneurial view on product and brand standards across the organisation
- Be visionary and the driver in defining and executing the company's agenda to continue to innovate and revolutionise the transport industry
- Ensure conformance to globally recognised standards supporting the priority for customer and public safety
- Push all aspects of user-experience, consumer trends as well as technology integration for the overall design, addressing design gaps with recommendations
- Support strategic programme planning, ensuring plans are in place and development is delivered on time
- Manage compromises and drive innovation in conflicts between product design and engineering
- Partner and work in close collaboration with marketing to maximise and accurately promote the organisation
- Contribute to and proactively manage the Product Design budgets, liaising with other departments to review design and resolve areas of concern
- Recruit staff. Develop, coach and mentor employees
The person should have:
- Detailed experience in a Product Design leadership role ideally within a transportation, aviation or automotive related environment
- A track record of translating product vision into actionable plans that lead to the creation of high-quality user experience and products
- A high level and relevant qualification level in design or a similarly relevant technical subject
- Clear understanding of materials and manufacturing processes is essential
- Proven experience in designing and working with hardware as well as software products
- Sound knowledge of Tool Chain, Scratch, 3D design and full lifecycle
- A track record in implementing and optimising organisational structure and creative development processes that allow the product design team to excel and scale with the company
- Proven, successful management experience, with emphasis on operational improvement, motivation, coaching and positive leadership
- An ability to understand and embrace technology and innovation development
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English and ideally German
If you feel you have the expertise, vision and personal interest to support this incredible opportunity, then please apply directly to Matthew Heath. This role is seeking candidates with direct and relevant experience, but also with expertise in concept to delivery exposure for complete product systems.