- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Purchasing and procurement
- Contact: Dan Plimmer
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446 174
- Expiry Date: 03 November 2021
- Job Ref: 59280
Head of Procurement
Excellent salary, very attractive bonus, pension,
We are working with an exciting and dynamic automotive organisation with a track record of delivering world class products and systems for advanced technology and performance. They are working with several OEMs on electrification solutions. We have been asked by the business to recruit an exceptional Head of Procurement, who will be responsible for the strategic direction of procurement and supply chain. Ideally you will have senior procurement experience, with board level potential, and have first class understanding of world class purchasing within a modern, automotive supplier.
You will lead the UK Purchasing activities in the business to generate cost saving though strong supplier development and robust strategic relationships.
One of the core activities of the procurement team is to act as a primary interface with plant functions for direct and indirect purchasing matters, and to provide support to production control & logistics and quality as first escalation level for supplier related issues.
The presence of the Head of Procurement is to ensure that the sourcing strategy per commodity group, as established by the procurement team, is properly implemented , consistently executed by the local stakeholders, and integrated with the emerging opportunities from the respective local market.
It will also be your responsibility to monitor and report on supplier performance supporting UK audits and providing risk management analysis and business intelligence.
As Head of Procurement, you will lead a team of buyers, set the strategy and be a guiding light for procurement within the business. You will also manage the procurement budget and control spend
Other areas of responsibility are:
- Manage, development and grow the procurement team.
- Supplier development to ensure constant supply
- Investigate the potential of consignment stocking with suppliers.
- Procurement lead with all CAPEX expenditure
- Support the strategies indicated by the procurement team.
- Ensure the application of improvements determined by the procurement team by working with all key production and manufacturing stakeholders to get the quality approval on proposed new Material/Suppliers
- Integrate the procurement team with emerging opportunities coming from UK and Global markets.
- Identify saving potentials / continuous improvement measures, initiate, co-ordinate and track resulting initiatives.
- Act as a primary interface with plant Management for purchasing related matters and provide support to PC&L and Quality as first escalation level for supplier related issues.
- Ensure that the financial purchasing performance is well understood and under control
- Contribute to the budget creation and realisation.
- Contribute to the overall business strategy and how procurement will positively impact this
Key qualifications, skills and experience required
- You will have, automotive procurement experience, ideally gained within a European centric business, hold a degree or equivalent, and have MCIPS.
- You will have experience of managing a successful procurement team, including development and growth of the team.
- Operated at a Senior level and have experience of developing and implementing a robust and innovative procurement strategy in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of electrical components, vehicle electrification would be advantageous.
Commercially astute to operate at director and board level, and work in partnership with all suppliers to ensure constant supply at a level of cost, quality, and timely delivery always.
This is an excellent opportunity to join the business at a period of growth, they work with prestigious brands across the globe and as electrification of vehicles continues at pace, the demand for their products and expertise will only grow.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.