£55k - 70k per year + Car or Car Allowance, Bonus, Pension, Medical
01384 446 174
Head of Pricing
Engineering Solutions Provider
Leicester based, with flexible home working
Circa £65,000, company car or allowance, company pension, bonus, private medical
We have been instructed to assist in the recruitment of an influential and visionary Head of Pricing, working across the products, services and solutions the company currently offers its clients and customers, you will be instrumental in setting a forward thinking and dynamic pricing strategy.
As Head of Pricing you will devise and implement the group pricing strategy, working closely with the Chief Operating Officer. It is the companies’ vision that you will build a new plan, one using a new, fresh approach with a continuous improvement mind-set, this will be reviewed and refreshed at appropriate periods of the fiscal cycle.
We are keen to talk to candidates from different sectors who have experience of dealing with multiple products and services with complex pricing. The business currently has 1.2 million different products and services.
You'll lead a small team to support the delivery of the strategy in line with the organisation's clear direction, using value based pricing to underpin the overall goals, working in collaboration with, and supporting sales, and the Product Business Units in the definition of the market offering. Stakeholder management and clear and often direct communication skills are a must in this job as you will be challenging the status quo and implementing change. You will have excellent collaboration skills, as you will be expected to bring people together to formulate this new vision.
Key to this strategy is also implementation, operationalisation, and execution of governance of the pricing model and process.
The business is going through major change and therefore this is an exciting time to showcase your leadership and pricing expertise by joining in this newly scoped role during a period of positive change with an ambitious growth plan.
It is a given you will be happy and indeed, excited! to use data to analyse trends and gaps in the markets you are working in.
As Head of Pricing you will:
- Systematically generate and provide data-driven pricing guidance to business teams to deliver maximum value while ensuring long term customer acceptance of pricing.
- Build and then manage a team and process to maximise value delivery through pricing for current customers, and future customers.
- The team will develop and manage the pricing approach for product and services offered by the company.
- The team is responsible for the pricing process from initial data sourcing to delivery of a recommendation to the wider business.
Key attributes of the Head of Pricing:
- Data-driven. – The team will source, check, and analyse market and internal data to ensure all pricing recommendations are systematically generated with clear logic and live/retrospective traceability.
- Iterative/continuous improvement focused.
- Collaborative – Work with IT, digital and commercial teams to ensure relevant data-driven pricing recommendations are delivered seamlessly to those who need them.
- Pragmatic – Challenge existing constraints and barriers but also work to find solutions within them until the barriers are removed.
- Masters level degree data science, mathematics, or equivalent
- MBA or equivalent
- Commercial pricing strategy and model development.
- Data analysis and management capability.
- Team management.
- Change management.
- Market research capability.Ability to operationalise pricing models into contracts and sales processes
- Prior experience as manager/member of B2B pricing team
- Concept through implementation experience of pricing strategy or process development
- Kerridge ERP system exposure
- Professional Pricing Society member with appropriate accreditations
This is a highly influential role and one that is vital to the continued success of the business. It offers excellent career progression in a dynamic and forward thinking organisation.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.