about 1 month ago
Job title: Head of PLM & Support Engineering
Salary Range: Competitive plus benefit package
Hours: 37.5-hour week
Location: Telford, Shropshire
Permanent role working for a leading defence/military design and manufacturing client.
A Head of PLM & Support Engineering isrequired with knowledge and experience of implementing continual improvement of BMS documentation, providing a consistent approach to the request, implementation and recording of BMS documentation changes, ensuring appropriate authorisation and retention.
Working with the Engineering Directors, Engineering Heads of Capability, and all Engineering levels to develop, maintain and improve the Engineering BMS areas.
The Head of PLM & Support Engineering role will ensure that new and updated engineering [and engineering related] processes are adequately communicated and if required, become part of the Engineering L&D curriculum and become a key contributor to and participant in the development and delivery of engineering L&D material
Due to ongoing expansion this MOD/Defence client based in Telford, Bristol and the north east requires a dynamic, leading Head of PLM & Support Engineering on a permanent basis. As a Head of PLM & Support Engineering, you will be required to:
- To be the primary internal auditor for Engineering under the direction of the Compliance Team
- Reporting on the Engineering process status to accommodate audits/assessments
- Facilitate/host external auditors where required
- Reporting non-compliances and observations to the Engineering Authority
- Ensuring remedial actions are planned and complete
- First Point of Contact for Engineering BMS area documentation creation, amendment and improvement
- Generating a Process Improvement Plan for Engineering HoCs’/Discipline Leads’ BMS area
- Reviewing employee change suggestions submitted through the Request a Change list and determining whether suggestions will be implemented
- Completing BMS Change Forms when required
- Rectifying any errors identified by the BMS Coordinator or other Independent Checker
- Ensuring draft versions are deleted once the published BMS version is available
- Keep process/guide updates on track by liaising with HoCs/Discipline Leads and reporting to the Engineering Authority
- Engineering Audit Plan and associated reports and action states
- Process Improvement Plan for the Engineering BMS area
- Engineering process related Comms
- Engineering process related L&D; key contributor to and participant in material development and delivery
- Engineering BMS Comms and L&D Facilitator
- Working with the Engineering Competency Lead to ensure that, where necessary, BMS updates become part of the Engineering L&D curriculum; especially the Eng Induction Pack
- Ensure that all BMS related training material – including Engineering owned and Engineering contributions to other Functions - is kept up to date and updates are processed by the appropriate authorities
- To become a key contributor to and participant in the development and delivery of engineering L&D material
- Reporting on the Engineering Record status to accommodate audits/assessments, recording non-compliances and observations to the Engineering Authority, and ensuring remedial actions are planned and completed
The Engineering Systems Lead should have the following skills or experience:
- Must be able to obtain security clearance.
- Qualified in at least one engineering discipline; demonstrable engineering experience at the specified grade; demonstrable ability to work almost autonomously to achieve established goals; demonstrable ability to work in small teams to deliver specified outcomes; demonstrable ability to be able to liaise and communicate with disparate parties in order to deliver specified outcomes.
- Demonstrable engineering management experience in at least one delivery project; capability management experience; L&D qualification – such as TEP or PETLs
- Confident communicator – needs to deal with colleagues from diverse engineering and non-engineering backgrounds
- Good negotiator – able to assist colleagues to produce documentation of a standard consistent with being published to the BMS
- Comfortable with new technology – able to adapt to new systems and ways of working
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with expert knowledge of PLM management within an MOD/Defence manufacturing company. In return for your experience, this Telford based defence specialist will offer you:
- Full time permanent contract
- 37.5 hour working week
- Competitive salary plus benefit package
- Annual Company Bonus
- 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory days
- Contribution pension
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Engineering Systems within the manufacturing and defence field and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Head of PLM & Support Engineering, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.