£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + Additional benefits
about 2 years ago
An experienced Head of Manufacturing is required for a privately-owned innovative engineering company to establish a new manufacturing facility to assemble compressor products.
Jonathan Lee Recruitment is working exclusively with our client Lontra in their search for this new and exciting Head of Manufacturing opportunity. Based in the rural countryside in Warwickshire, Lontra has developed a new Blade Compressor technology representing the first new, widely applicable and radical gas compressor design for nearly 80 years. This patented innovation provides industries with a clean-sheet approach to solving the problems associated with traditional compressor designs.
As the Head of Manufacturing your role will be to establish a new manufacturing facility to assemble compressor products and to work with and manage the interface between Lontra and their Engineering Group partner and other suppliers, ensuring successful and timely completion according to demand.
Reporting directly to the CEO you will be expected to:
- Drive the manufacturing strategy, consolidate the partnerships and ensure the necessary commercial agreements are in place.
- Providing strategic planning and leadership to ensure a sustainable cost-effective manufacturing and supply chain (with our manufacturing partner/s and suppliers) is in place with a strong focus on world class manufacturing, performance objectives and delivery of shareholder value.
- Working cohesively with all the other members of the executive team to collectively implement the company strategy and manage all aspects of its operational performance.
- Managing the creation, negotiation and closing of commercial agreements with our manufacturing partner/s, including pricing and quality agreements, as well supplier contracts.
- Managing the manufacturing activities of the company, including customer support and the delivery of manufacturing support to our licensees and clients where appropriate.
- Work closely with the Commercial Director to assure that production plan meets the sales forecast.
- Managing the development of the company's supply chain functions, including recruiting suitably qualified and capable staff, and developing effective processes and cost-effective organizational structures.
- Leading lean manufacturing principles ensuring and maximizing inventory turns while maintaining maximum production flexibility.
- Maintaining a team focus to assure all Health, Safety and Environment requirements and regulations are met or exceeded.
To be considered for this Head of Manufacturing position you must have or be:
- A self-motivated individual with strong analytical, negotiation, communication, presentation, interpersonal and influencing skills is sought.
- You will be naturally tenacious, driven by business success, have a passion for manufacturing high quality products and services to achieve outstanding manufacturing performance.
- You will have the ability to quickly analyse complex situations and be an effective problem solver, whilst operating a results-focused, professional and well organised approach.
- Comprehensive experience of manufacturing complex industrial products into international markets is essential.
- A proven track record of successful negotiations with key suppliers is essential and an understanding of supply contract structures and standard terms & conditions is essential.
- In-depth knowledge of either the medium-pressure or low-pressure compressor markets or one of their major end-user markets would be desirable.
- Experience in a rapidly growing company would be desirable.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity for an experienced Manufacturing Manager to influence an expanding and diverse organisation by taking ownership of the manufacturing strategy and driving this forward. This will be a challenging position and you will work as part of a close-knit management team that reports directly into the CEO. In return our client is offering an attractive salary, plus incentivised bonus, share options, health care and pension.
If you would like to discuss this role and our client in more depth, then please call 01384 397555 and ask for Les Hines or send your CV .