Head of Manufacturing Operations - Specialist Vehicle Fabrication & Assembly
Salary £70,000 - £80,000 (DOE) + Benefits Package
Location: Redditch, Worcestershire
An experienced Head of Manufacturing Operations is required for this bespoke vehicle conversion design/engineering and assembly business. This is an established medium volume business with a diverse product portfolio and growing customer base. With a reputation built on innovation, quality and product reliability, the company is looking to recruit a forward-thinking Head of Manufacturing Operations to strengthen the senior management team. This is a hands-on management position and your knowledge and experience will be crucial in developing a high-performance team based culture operating to modern lean manufacturing principles.
To be successful in this Head of Manufacturing Operations role you will have a demonstrable track record of operations or general management that includes the deployment of modern manufacturing principles within a vehicle fabrication and assembly environment. The role will require excellent communication skills and an ability to plan and work at pace under demanding time pressures. This is a highly visible role that will require a hands-on approach with the drive and determination to ensure that exacting QCD targets and high levels of customer satisfaction are achieved.
To be considered for this Head of Manufacturing Operations position you must have:
- Experience working in a senior manufacturing or operations management role in a vehicle assembly or general manufacturing assembly environment
- Operations management experience that includes responsibility for Design, Engineering, Production, Planning & Supply Chain
- A thorough understanding of modern lean manufacturing principles, particularly "5S" and root cause problem solving analysis.
- The ability to introduce simple but effective visual management systems and meaningful KPIs
- A degree in a relevant engineering/manufacturing discipline or equivalent qualifications backed by experience
- Significant people management and leadership experience with a real passion for coaching, training and mentoring and developing a sustainable culture continuous improvement culture.
- A dynamic, driven personality confident and comfortable working across all levels of a manufacturing business and happy to get out on the shop floor get involved and make things happen
This will be a challenging and rewarding opportunity to join an ambitious company during a period of growth and change. As a member of the senior management team you will play a leading role in shaping the future direction of the business.
The ideal background for this Senior Manufacturing Operations Management role could be; automotive, vehicle conversion, truck & bus, specialist vehicles, military vehicles, yellow goods, or general engineering. At present you will probably be working as a Manufacturing Engineering Manager, Operations Manager, Head of Manufacturing, or General Manager within an SME.