- Sector: Consumer Goods
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Simon Roberts
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446113
- Expiry Date: 22 October 2021
- Job Ref: 59025
Head of Manufacturing
Basic Salary up to £85,000 (DOE) + benefits
London based, (commutable, with business loan available for rail season ticket)
As Head of Manufacturing for this prestigious manufacturing business you will be joining an organisation with a strong brand reputation for innovation, manufacturing excellence, high quality, performance and accuracy. The company has a rich heritage and supplies bespoke, precision handcrafted, high value products globally to a loyal customer base. The business is now looking to recruit a forward-thinking Head of Manufacturing who will report directly to the Operations Director and become an active member of the senior leadership team. As a well-rounded manufacturing engineering specialist, you will ensure strategic goals and business objectives are achieved on-time and to budget while providing the highest levels of craftmanship, product quality and reliability that delivers an exceptional customer service experience.
To be considered for this Head of Manufacturing position you will:
- Provide effective leadership and management to the factory manufacturing and engineering teams that will ensure all customer, engineering, delivery cost and quality requirements are achieved on time and to plan, while maintaining a safe working environment for all employees.
- Support, encourage and develop a high performance, continuous improvement, teamwork culture based on engagement and trust. This will require effective stakeholder engagement and communication across all levels of the business.
- Continue to develop a manufacturing strategy that embodies the handcraft traditions of the business but also looks to employ advanced technology to deliver superior product quality, reliability, and performance. Experience of design for manufacture, CAD/CAM, and CNC machining would be very useful.
- Be well organised and ensure the factory continues to maintain the highest possible standards and that customer visits are seen as an opportunity to demonstrate the full engineering and manufacturing capability of the business and its people.
- Have a real passion for UK manufacturing and be familiar with modern manufacturing tools and techniques and how to apply them in a precision, low volume, bespoke craft environment. You will be an excellent mentor and coach, a big advocate of apprenticeships and how to capture the tacit knowledge held within this business and pass it on to the next generation.
- Work with Team Leaders and Supervisors to develop, implement policies, procedures and standards that will enable all operational functions to achieve their objectives and goals to deliver exceptional levels of customer satisfaction.
- Oversee, direct and control purchasing, quality, supply chain and stores functions to ensure the business has the materials, components and parts required for production to complete customer orders of the right quality on time and in full.
- Have an Engineering, Manufacturing, or Product Design qualification ideally to degree level with a track record of success in a bespoke, traditional manufacturing environment that utilises modern manufacturing techniques. A formal apprenticeship or knowledge of precision engineering and craftsmanship would be a distinct advantage.
- Have excellent communication skills, setting high standards, leading by example, with a tenacious approach to continuous improvement and instilling disciplines that will ensure high levels of productivity, quality and customer service.
- A dynamic and driven personality, with an ability to build robust working relationships across the company, work effectively with stakeholders at all levels from the shop floor to the boardroom, with customers and suppliers alike.
This is a challenging but very rewarding Head of Manufacturing position and presents an opportunity to be part of a manufacturing business that has a strong brand and unique heritage. The company is mindful that its products are built on a reputation of craftsmanship, quality, reliability and traditional production techniques, but also depend on design evolution and innovation. Using your experience and knowledge you will develop the use of advanced manufacturing tools and techniques but maintain the tradition and craftmanship that a loyal customer base has come to expect.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.