Job title: Head of Gate Driver Technology Department
Department: R&D Centre: Assemblies
Location: Birmingham （Initially in Lincoln）
As the Head of Drive Technology Department, you will be in charge of the technology research and product development of Si and Wide Band Gap power semiconductor gate driver including but not limited to gate drive and protection circuit, temperature, voltage, current sensing circuit, EMC filters as well as board level low power switching mode power supplies (SMPS).Main Features and responsibilites:
- Lead the R&D activities of gate drive technology and product development from requirement to release, define R&D process and build development platform.
- Lead the key activities during gate drive technology research including conceptual design comparison, core techniques identification, and technical difficulties breakthrough etc.;
- Achieve targets of robustness, cost-effectivity, manufacturability and other requirements by detailed design, analysis, simulation, review, and verification down to each low level circuit block and components.
- Be responsible for productizing gate drive technology following company product development process;
- Guarantee the deliverables delivered as scheduled and optimised considering the trade-off of cost, size, mass, functional safety, EMC and efficiency;
- Make sure products fulfil lifetime and reliability requirements as well as international and regions' standards and policy requirements.
- Continuously capture the gate drive technology status and trends
- Department internal task allocation and resource management
- Lead the R&D of the department including but not limited to:
- Define and manage the hardware R&D process and workflow that comply with automotive standard such as ISO 26262
- Hardware model conceptual and detailed design, schematic and PCB design according to allocated requirement
- Hardware design analysis including safety analysis such as FMEDA, FTA, reliability analysis such as DFMEA, De-rating Analysis, WCCA.
- Design verification and validation to specification
- Design document and prototype review and approval
Skills and Experience required
- A degree in physics, power electronics, electrical and electronic engineering and other related subjects
- Extensive demonstrable experience in automotive electrical or electronic products design or test.
- Proven track record of team or project management experience.
- Familiar with automotive electronic hardware design process
- Active gate drive circuit design experience
- Wide band gap semiconductor device gate drive development experience
- Motor drive inverter development experience
- SMPS fed from LV and HV line design experience
- SMPS closed-loop control design experience
- Sensing circuit interface, filter and amplify circuit design experience
- Electronic component selection: good interpretation capability of component datasheets, knowledgeable and experienced to select the most appropriate component
- PCB design experience with good knowledge of trade off considering function, heat dissipation, EMC, insolation, cost control and manufacturability
- ASIC development experience
- FPGA development experience
- HALT, Quantitative ALT experience
If you are interested in this role please send your CV or call on 01384 446145 to speak to Tim Parkes