about 1 month ago
Role: Head of Fire
This an exciting opportunity to get in at the very beginning and shape the direction of this new business and your career. Staff will have career development plans for their growth as we have backing from group to invest in any growth opportunities that may arise.
The goal is to become the premier testing facility for construction products in the UK and to provide testing services and results on time as required by our customers whilst providing excellent customer care.
- CUSTOMERS ARE AT THE HEART OF OUR BUSINESS
- Our expertise, professional insight and passion are key to our success.
- We will manage every stage of our interaction with external customers to ensure successful outcomes and good future relationships.
- We will achieve extraordinary results for our external customers by delivering on our commitments.
- We will be passionate about what we deliver to our customers every day
- We will think about what our customer requires and anticipate their future needs
The Start-up business:
- This is a 40,000 sqft facility with 12 m eves and comprises of labs with some workshops and 2 storey offices for staff.
- Initial headcount will be 12 in year 1, growing to 25+ in year 5. Sales are predicted to be 2 million in the first full year growing to 5 million in year 5.
- We are investing in the most up to date Laboratory Information Management System money can buy. Every test will be connected to data acquisition systems to speed up the reporting process.
- The facility will house fire reaction furnaces, 2 to begin with growing to 4, we will have 4 x 8414 fire reaction rigs growing to 8, we will have the most up to date acoustics facilities and multi-purpose rigs for physical testing of windows and doors.
- Outside we will have 2 aircraft engines and 4 CWCT weathering rigs for testing facades.
- If the business is bigger than anticipated we have options on other buildings in the location.
This is an opportunity to join a newly established testing organisation with a passion to provide testing services second to none. You will work closely with the management team in ensuring the new organisation has the testing staff and equipment to satisfy our customers testing needs. This will be a “Customer Centric” business at all times.
Key Areas of experience:
- You will be knowledgeable in the field of construction fire resistance testing with a solid grounding in project management, performing and reporting of fire resistance tests on a vast array of building products and materials.
- The testing scope will include;
- Curtain walling fire resistance
- Door and shutter assemblies fire resistance
- Floors & flat roofs fire resistance
- Sandwich panel reaction to fire
- A firm understanding of UKAS accreditations is imperative, ideally in a number of the below
- BS 476
- BS EN 1363
- BS EN 1634
- BS EN 13381
- LPS 1181
- BS EN 8414
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.