- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Finance
- Contact: Simon Roberts
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446113
- Expiry Date: 22 October 2021
- Job Ref: 58609
Head of Finance
Salary up to £70,000 (DOE) + Car + Benefits
General location: Nottinghamshire
As Head of Finance for this established manufacturing business, you will be joining a progressive modern organisation with a strong brand and reputation for innovation and manufacturing excellence. To further strengthen the senior management team, they are now keen to recruit a forward-thinking finance professional who will ensure the effectiveness of the finance function but also become a trusted advisor providing support across all areas of the business. Reporting directly to the Managing Director you will provide strategic and financial guidance to ensure that all the company’s financial commitments are achieved.
To be considered for this Head of Finance position you will:
- Have experience working as a senior finance professional within a fast-paced manufacturing engineering or technical business. It is likely that you will currently be working as a Finance Director, Financial Controller or Head of Finance within a manufacturing or engineering business
- Control, develop and manage all necessary policies and procedures to ensure the sound financial management and control of the company’s business.
- Working with the Directors and senior leadership team you will develop and control the annual operating budget to ensure that all financial targets are met, and financial and statutory regulations are complied with.
- Provide financial advice and guidance to the company’s managers and staff that will help them achieve their objectives.
- Oversee the preparation of the company’s financial accounts and ensure that these are presented accurately and on time.
- Constantly review and monitor all external contracts and services and ensure that these are effective and provide good value to the company.
- Be prepared to work outside of your comfort zone, give support and challenge others at all levels and take the time to fully understand the business, its markets, and customers.
- Be fully ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified with strong IT/ERP experience and able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of pricing, costing and operational finance gained within a manufacturing environment.
- Have excellent communication skills, with an ability to build robust working relationships across the business as a whole and with all stakeholders both internally and externally.
As Head of Finance, you will have strong strategic awareness and be commercially astute with excellent leadership and communication skills. This position presents an opportunity to be part of a close-knit senior leadership team for a business that has serious ambitions to continually improve and grow. Working closely with the Directors you will provide a solid foundation for growth while at the same time ensure that all accounting fundamentals are achieved. This appointment offers growth, challenge, personal development, and the opportunity to join a progressive and dynamic business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.