Role: Head of Estates
Location: Dudley, West Midlands
Salary: £55,000 p/a + Company Car, Bonus Scheme + Health Care
We are currently recruiting for a Head of Estates for our client based in the West Midlands and this is an excellent opportunity for somebody with a proven track record working within the building services sector, preferably with a background in Mechanical engineering, who is looking for a career within an estates management position.
- Reporting to the Director of Estates, you will work as part of the team responsible for the management of the Dudley Group Hospital’s estate.
- Managing directly employed labour and contracted services working on a wide range of engineering systems, you will be responsible for maintaining effective and efficient service delivery in line with statutory legislation, guidance and healthcare technical standards.
- As Head of Estates, you will be responsible for managing and complying with all statutory instruments and guidance ensuring best practice related to the effective operation of the estate and providing both supervision and support to the team who will carry out planned preventative maintenance and reactive repairs on a wide range of hospital engineering services.
- In this senior role, you will support the Director of Estates throughout the whole range of Estate functions with specific responsibility for engineering statutory compliance, capital maintenance management software, PPMs, testing of plant & equipment (e.g. autoclaves), buildings and engineering services and contracts management.
- Further responsibilities will include working in conjunction with the Estates Teams Managers (Operations) to ensure a robust reactive maintenance service is provided by the maintenance team and specialist service contractors.
- Duties will also include project management, the line management of estates officers, relevant authorised person duties for in respect to AP and CP appointments.
Knowledge Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience of working within a PFI Hospital/Healthcare Environment
- Membership of an affiliated recognised Health Organisation, MIHEEM
- Engineering Qualifications within the Facilities/Building Arena
- At Least 1 Trade Qualification, Mechanical/Electrical City and Guilds
- You will need to combine excellent technical credentials with good communication skills.
- Well organised, financially aware and computer literate
- Previous experience in M&E building services maintenance or facilities management.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.