Head of Engineering and Quality (Aerospace) - Dorset
Working for a growing and specialist aerospace manufacturing company in Dorset, we are seeking an experienced Head of Engineering and Quality to lead and ensure that their continuing small volume and specialist manufacturing capabilities continue to support their UK and international, civil and defence customer base accurately.
Supporting multiple programmes of differing complexity and products specification - mainly to legacy aircraft types, this role manages a team of circa 30 people who are focused on the design and product development for manufacture as well as ensuring product quality conformance and the company's overall QMS and accreditation.
- To lead and manage the strategic and operational performance of the Engineering and Quality departments, ensuring the successful delivery of business strategy, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and objectives, whilst adhering to regulatory compliance and achieving commercial success.
- To ensure the efficient and effective day to day running of the departments. To improve the quality management systems, processes, and approvals, development of the engineering process and procedures including standardization.
- As a member of the senior management team (SMT), to provide sound, well-considered judgment on matters shaping long and short-term planning as it applies to the Engineering and Quality Management System, general operations and policies and procedure guidelines.
- Key responsibilities include improving SOP and MRP alignment influence the culture in creating a right first-time approach ensuring product excellence and adherence to Quality standards and championing a 'right-first-time' ethos across the business.
- Lead and develop the engineering team in establishing manufacturing methodologies, tooling concepts and manufacturing processes supporting NPI
- Supporting internal and external stakeholders on technical and quality related issues, including flow down and development of the teams
- Standardization and alignment of BOM and MRP work centres via the engineering team.
- Process and manufacturing improvements, working closely the commercial team in establishing the best manufacturing concepts to create a more competitive and value for solution.
- Provide overall direction, leadership and management of the Quality Management System, Quality Standards (AS9100 / ISO9001), NADCAP and customer requirements and related internal process documents - manage audits
- Manage Quality function ensuring that customers receive the product to the highest standard of quality possible.
- Implement new quality processes and systems.
- Serve as a member of the Management Team, providing guidance and strategic direction to the company.
- Cooperate with other senior management (SMT) personnel in formulating and establishing company policies, operating procedures, and goals.
- Drive continuous improvement throughout the business.
- Create strong morale and team spirit in the engineering and Quality teams, motivating them to be committed to the overall success and mission of the organization.
- Working to prevent non-conformances, customer complaints, concession and rework.
- Drive continuous improvement of quality performance by establishing quality objectives that are monitored, analysed, and reviewed.
- Ensuring the products are fit for purpose and meet customer expectations and required quality standards.
- Advising on the performance of the Quality Management System.
- Supporting quality assurance within the company and managing regulatory compliance.
- Documentation and implementation of new approvals as required.
- Development and maintenance of Supplier Performance monitoring, and maintenance of the Approved Suppliers List.
- Implement team and individual development plans, staff appraisals and flow down of company objectives.
This is a new position and is considered a hands-on and active role. You will be working alongside a firmly established team and a company with a considerable range of manufacturing, design and project management expertise.
If you feel you have the skills, experience and sector exposure to support this position, then please apply directly or contact Matthew Heath (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.