An exciting opportunity has arisen in our client's Controls and Electrical Department for a new Head has become available.
- The Head of Control & Electrical, will provide the engineering leadership for all members of the Controls & Electrical team.
- This is a high visibility, strategically critical position within the company.
- Plans and directs all aspects of Controls & Electrics Development activities within a multi-site department.
- Responsible for quality, timeliness and costs of all Control and Electrical designs for all development projects.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to review engineering plans and assess engineering team readiness to accomplish goals.
- Leads and directs the work of others.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Pre-empts potential problems and provides effective solutions in reaction to application of concepts, techniques, knowledge, or processes.
- Display original thinking in applying principles, theories, and concepts on a wide range of problems within the field of Control & Electrics.
- Works closely with the Heads of Design, Cryogenics Systems, Test & Product Quality & Thermo Fluids and Refrigeration to monitor and align any unresolved resource bottlenecks as priorities and projects timelines change.
- Responsible for the quality of deliverables to manufacturing phase.
- The role holder will be responsible for managing Control & Electronics team, projects and work packages.
- Core control system technology development.
- Responsible for existing product development for cost reduction and industrialisation.
- New engine application control system development.
- Control system validation and verification.
- Control system innovation.
- Supporting test facilities and test cell control data acquisition.
- The individual will be responsible for Field/trial data acquisition and product telematics and telemetry.
- Supporting customer field trials with occasional on-site training/advanced diagnostics.
- The role holder will have experience in team training, development plans, project budgets.
- You will need to be a strong Project Manager able to plan and manage projects including product life cyles and future technology road map.
- Ideally the individual will hold a Degree in Control System Engineering, Electronics, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering
- Experience is as important as qualifications.
- A Project Management qualification would be desirable.
- Leadership of a Controls & Electric team would be preferable.
The job will be located primarily in Croydon, with regular travel to meetings with partners, customers and suppliers in the UK and overseas.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a vibrant and growing company at a key point in it history.
Salary is negotiable for the right person