Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £69400.00 per annum + Pension, Healthcare, Counselling
about 2 years ago
Job title: Head of Chip Design Technology
Department: R&D Centre: Assemblies
Location: Birmingham (Following a short period in Lincolnshire, travel supported)
Our client has been manufacturing semiconductor products for over 60 years; providing Power Module and Electric Vehicle System products to customers across the world. It is an exciting time to be joining this leading technology company as we are in a significant period of growth which is planned to continue with a major growth investment in the Birmingham area.
To support this growth plan, we are looking for a head of Chip Design Technology to join the R&D Centre. - This new centre will be situated in Birmingham. Successful candidates will be comfortable with travel to Lincoln in the first two months until the brand new and industry-leading design and development complex is up and running in Birmingham.
We are looking for a Principal Chip Design Engineer to lead our Power module, IGBT, bipolar, and SiC chip development teams to design and layout photomasks for the production of new generation semiconductor products.
An excellent benefits package is offered to the right candidate.
- Manage all conception, scheming design of automotive power electronic products, evaluate the
- requirements for new products and determine the design plan.
- Organise research in new integrated technology of automotive power electronic product;
- Guide the R&D team, verification of new technologies, structures, and promotion of product
- Review structure design of product, including 3D/2D drawings of assemblies and parts, as well as analysis and calculation during the design
- Control structure related document output
- Define product BOM list
- Manage follow-up, modification and acceptance of mould making
- Define test methods for mechanical experiment
- Responsible for DEFMEA of power modules, formulate related documents according to APQP process
- Define the specification and test standard of structural material
- Structural sample testing, small batch trial production follow-up and assessment
- Responsible for the analysis of causes of the defective product and formulate corrective and preventive methods;
Core Skills and Education
- A Degree or equivalent in a mechanical mechatronics and other related subjects;
- Demonstrable time-served background R&D of Power module and SiC chip design;
- Excellent leadership and management skills;
- Experience of 2D layout drawing tools.
- Use of general 2D/3D CAD software tools.
- Experience of Microsoft software packages.
- Knowledge of semiconductor devices & fabrication principles.
- Ability to solve engineering problems and to make appropriate recommendations for improvement.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to join a growing organisation apply now.