Head of Airworthiness
Based in Munich, our Client has developed the future of flying with a civil VTOL aircraft. As part of this organisations continuing evolution and development of products for today and tomorrow, a Head of Airworthiness is required to further develop and lead the team through the certification process.
In this position, you will report directly to the CEO and will plan, direct, control and monitor our Clients airworthiness related programs to ensure compliance with global aviation standards.
Specifically, your role will include:
- As head of department you will handle the technical and personal leadership for the whole certification team from prototype till continued airworthiness in service
- Build and maintain viable relationships to the EASA and FAA staff in charge and represent our Client in rule making committees
- Lead the Type Investigation process, prepare certification data, plans and programs and keep track of their evolution, create internal verification and submit to the Authorities (EASA / FAA)
- Responsibility for and training of the responsible CVE
- Meet and train your team on a 1:1 basis & hold regular team meetings
- Coach, train, lead and mentor staff on a regular basis
- Work closely with HR on staff development matters
- Work on any ad-hoc related tasks or projects provided by management
To support this role, you should have/be:
- A minimum of 5-years of professional experience with proven track record in
certification of EASA and FAA CS-23/CS-25 aircraft
- Direct working experience of EASA as well as having experience working with the FAA wherever possible
- Proven Certification experience of whole aircraft system, not only single components
- Familiarity with the authorities' structures and strong skills in negotiating and executing certification paths with respect to a whole new aircraft concept
- Good skills in project management and team coordination
- Strong motivation to help build and shape your organisation, structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomously
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills
- Fluent English language skills are essential - fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
If you feel you have the expertise, vision and personal interest to support this opportunity with a forward thinking, established and entrepreneurial organisation, then please apply directly to Matthew Heath. This role is seeking candidates with direct and relevant experience.