Graduate / Senior / Principal Electronics Hardware Engineer – Automotive Systems – Midlands - £ Competitive + Excellent benefits
This role encompasses the complete range of life-cycle activities relating to the design, development, manufacture and test of electrical and electronic hardware intended for use in our clients automotive products. You will work with prestige vehicle manufacturers across a wide range of vehicle systems, including electrified powertrain.
As Electronics Hardware Engineer – Automotive Systems you will
- Use your electronics hardware expertise on development project activities; taking a primary role in the hardware design and development process.
- Be responsible for hardware requirements specification and analysis, hardware system design, hardware functional design and participate in peer and formal reviews.
- Prepare test plans, specification and procurement of test equipment, coordinating and supporting the manufacture and test of prototypes;
- Support department management activities; planning, reviews, process development, mentoring;
- Liaise with Customer Representatives and other members of the Project Team to agree product hardware requirements, and to resolve specification deficiencies;
- Liaise with the Project Manager and other members of the Project Team to establish hardware feature content and requirements, timeframe and integration.
- Ensure the relevant hardware lifecycle is followed for assigned engineering activities;
- Identify areas for improvement including tools, techniques and processes;
- Liaising with the Customer to establish priorities and resolve timing conflict;
- Contribute to formal design reviews.
As Electronics Hardware Engineer – Automotive Systems you will be
- Degree-qualified in an appropriate engineering discipline (Electrical and Electronic Engineering);
- Willing to learn the processes associated with small to medium volume manufacturing and assembly techniques appropriate to HV Power Electrionics;
- Enthusiasm for Si, SiC and GaN technology up to 1200V and Inverter up to 300kW.
- Able to use a selection of tools, possibly including ECAD; Altium, Zuken, PSpice, Spice, MathCAD and general engineering tools;
- Knowledge of model-based development tools including Matlab, Simulink;
- Good troubleshooting, test and analysis, communication skills with the ability to support customer meetings, issues resolution and report writing;
Suitably qualified and experienced Electronic Hardware Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.