Title: Hardware-in-the-Loop (HiL) Application Lead Engineer
Salary Range: £29.10 - £30.71/hr (Ltd Co)
Contract Position based at: Whitley
Powertrain Hardware-in-the-Loop (HiL) Application Lead Engineer.
This role is responsible for the delivery of HiL development and verification properties, automation methodologies, plant model solutions, and overall HiL capability/processes to support Powertrain development and verification. The Powertrain HiL group is responsible for delivering HiL capability across all powertrain and driveline variants, including Hybrid and Battery-Electric architectures, both for stand-alone simulators and HiL capability integrated into high voltage/dyno based test rigs.
The primarily focus of this role will be managing the delivery of HiL solutions for applications of hybrid, engine control, transmission and driveline HIL applications and hybrid high voltage dyno test cells. This encompasses capturing requirements from customers, managing expectations, working with a team to design and develop solutions and taking ownership of the projects and managing the delivery of the designed systems to tight deadlines. It will also be required to manage relationships with suppliers to insure we get timely delivery of hardware/software solutions.
As the owner of projects, it is expected that risk and issues should be proactively managed to drive fast resolution and when available take opportunities to improve process to increase quality, reduce cost or improve delivery timings.
3 KEY SKILLS
- Competent working knowledge of how Hardware in the Loop systems are designing and implemented.
- Knowledge and experience of vehicle networks, particularly CAN, FLEXRAY, LIN, CCP and/or XCP.
- Knowledge of real time or faster than real time CAE modelling of vehicle systems, control systems, sensors and actuators.
- Understanding of HiL hardware/software architectures.
- Competent in Matlab/Simulink, (dSpace ControlDesk/AutomationDesk preferred)
- Appreciation of vehicle networks, particularly CAN, FLEXRAY, LIN & CCP/XCP.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills & self-confidence to drive resolution of complex integration issues.
- History of demonstrable project management and team working skills.
- Experience of managing delivery with a small team.
- Ability to generate metrics / presentation material for management and programme review purposes.
Background experience that is desirable but not essential:
- Experience of hybrid system integration/ hybrid system design/ control system development for engines/transmissions/hybrid vehicle components.
- Experience with managing delivery of software/hardware from suppliers.
- Experience of SAP for placing orders with suppliers.
- Understanding or appreciation of test cell operation and dyno test cell control systems such as Puma, EMCON systems or alternative dyno control systems.
Degree qualified in a relevant field or equivalent industrial experience.
Multiple sites Gaydon/Whitley, role will also require on occasion travel to additional location. will require regular inter-site travel, therefore it is essential that candidates hold a valid UK Drivers licence.
If you are interested inthis role apply now!