- Sector: Electronics & embedded
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Dean Liszewski
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 07947 344040
- Expiry Date: 08 February 2022
- Job Ref: 59536
Jonathan Lee Recruitment requires a Hardware Engineer to join a leading technology company in either Crawly or Cambridge (optional) its Hybrid working so 50% remote only a few days onsite required.
The R&D hardware engineer is a senior engineering position within the newly created R&D team. This individual will be responsible for devising and developing the early proof of concepts and evaluations for new embedded electronic projects which will become part of the products of the future.
Who we are and what we do:
We are experts in design , manufacture and integration of Display Solutions, Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) and Control Software. We have presence in key global markets - Americas, Europe and Japan, with manufacturing facilities in Taiwan and China. This footprint gives us the unique ability to give a high level of service our customers locally - on their time zone, in their language, in their offices - while also offering solutions which represent great value in performance and quality.
Our Display Solutions business creates bespoke displays to solve specific or complex customer requirements - for example ultra-high-performance, medical and highly precise test and measurement requirements.
Our HMI business combines our expertise in displays with tactile sensing, embedded electronics, mechanical design and processing to create technically unique products to improve the way in which users can interact with devices.
Our Control Software business enables connectivity and control of complex environments, where the co-ordination of many different devices is required to achieve an integrated result, such as a broadcasting studio, medical centre or large office building.
Our Display Solutions business is driven by specific customer requirements (1 customer: 1 solution), while in HMI and Control Software we have a clear and exciting product roadmap of innovation driving an evolving and expanding product portfolio (1 solution: many customers).
Key Responsibilities :
Conceptualised Hardware Solutions - Taking a customer problem or an engineering problem and being able to scope out potential hardware solutions for evaluation by the product team
Prototype Embedded Hardware Development - For the most attractive concept, developing this through internal resources and third parties to prototype stage and supporting the evaluation of this prototype with the product team
Prototype to Production Transition Support - For projects which make it through to mass production, working with the production engineering teams to transfer the knowledge and prototype designs efficiently
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Engineering degree
- 10 years' experience in design and development of hardware solutions (R&D)
- 5 years' experience in board assembly
- Up to date with the latest hardware technologies
- Expertise in electronics, both digital and analogue
Knowledge of microcontrollers, CPLD, FPGA & ARM platforms
- Proficient knowledge in display interfaces: display types, drivers, and bridge ICs
Understanding of hardware design, including power supplies, LED drivers, sensors, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC
Understanding of SPI, I2C, USB, and other communication protocols
- Experienced knowledge in designing high speed boards
- Experienced in designing power management systems
- Extensive knowledge with board design software
- Can support and review schematics and board layouts
- Proficient in designing analog circuits
- Good knowledge of Python programing
- Good knowledge of C programing
Knowledge of other programming languages, including bare metal, RTOS, Linux and Android
- Has defined test equipment, developed test procedures, and designed test rigs for projects or feasibility studies
- Has supported timeline and resource planning on a project and roadmap levels
- Has specified new product hardware and in-house feasibility stage HW layout design
- Has designed and implemented hardware for quality control tests & test documentation
- Has supported SW testing and certification process
- Has transferred hardware designs to volume production
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently or as part of a team
Willingness to travel abroad, visiting clients and prospects with Sales and Technical teams
Good communication skills
Chinese language would be an advantage
Windows, MS Office, CRM Tools, SAP
Our culture :
We are collaborative and hands-on. Our business is small enough to move fast, yet large enough to be able to invest and take on big challenges.
We are smart, fun and reliable, as a result, we are very proud that many of our customers have been working with us for over a decade - we believe this is because our customers enjoy working with us, we invent great solutions for them, and we look after them long after the sale has been completed. We are diverse and culturally connected - we talk to customers in their language, in their time zone and in person, via our global team.
We are an equal opportunities employer, we are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships
If this is of interest please send me your latest CV and mobile number. My contact details are - Email: email@example.com Mobile: 07947 344040
We also have a £300 referral reward scheme for successfully placed engineers. Please send me any colleagues or friends who you think might be suitable.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.