A Hardware Engineer is required by our client who design and manufacture flight deck avionics, data acquisition systems, instrumentation and life support equipment.
The Hardware Engineer will develop and implement structured engineering solutions to meet programme requirements across the whole development life cycle.
Key Responsibilities for the Hardware Engineer:
- Designing, modifying, commissioning, verifying and proving electronic circuits
- Preparing plans and documentation in support of the qualification and certification/approval of safety critical products in accordance with programme-specific requirements
- Troubleshooting and problem resolution of issues identified during production or in service
- Generating hardware requirements documents from higher level requirements and ensuring designs are documented to the relevant project/company standards
- Planning and managing hardware qualification activities
- Developing innovative engineering solutions to meet the requirements of the project
- Assisting in the compilation of plans, estimates, task lists and risk management plans in support of programme objectives, project estimates and bids
- Capturing and defining requirements through a disciplined and rigorous approach to requirements management
- Contributing to the development of systems architectures considering alternative concepts and trade analysis in order to determine preferred solution.
- Constructing and implementing embedded solutions including detailed design, contribution to technical reviews and performance optimisation.
Key skills and competencies required for the Hardware Engineer:
- Experienced Hardware Engineer
- Experience of unit level box design
- Experience of Avionics or extensive safety critical industry experience
- Past experience as a Hardware or Electronics Engineer
- Experience of working on unit level equipment rather than whole aircraft or whole system based work
- Proven and extensive electronic hardware design skills
- Understanding of data acquisition concepts
- Experience of VHDL and programmable logic development tools desirable
Interviews for the Hardware Engineer will commence with immediate effect with a view to starting as soon as possible. For further information on the Hardware Engineer position please contact Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446163.