Hardware Electronics Design Engineer - Manchester - Permanent - Attractive
A Hardware Electronics Design Engineer is required within a Safety Critical Control Systems Technology Company. The successful Hardware Electronics Design Engineer will join a specialised team in this sector and will report to the Engineering Manager and Technical Director.
The Hardware Electronics Design Engineer will be responsible for electronics circuit design, including analogue, digital and mixed signal designs, PCB design, system design and implementation, test equipment design, test and validation to meet Operational needs.
The Hardware Electronics Design Engineer will be primarily focused on providing technical solutions to electronic obsolescence challenges alongside implementation of both new design and third party designed products into systems through the New Product Introduction (NPI) process.
Requirements for the Hardware Electronics Design Engineer
- A Degree in a relevant subject (Electrical or Electronic Engineering).
- Responsible for electronics design and schematics capturing
- Detailed electrical circuit design
- Define electrical and test requirements
- To provide hardware solutions to production, manufacturing and repair problems
- To undertake design changes to replace obsolete
- To carry out component and system type testing (including EMC testing where appropriate)
- Prepare and submit technical reports and documentation
- Support qualification of obsolescent parts to products
- To support the process of appropriate design reviews of Technical reports
- To undertake technical investigations, recommending actions and producing reports
- To ensure documents conform to customer and regulatory procedures
- To attend customer meetings where necessary
- To provide technical support to the design and development of new equipment
- Provide support to the Test Department when required
Person Profile and Skill Set for the Hardware Electronics Design Engineer
- Experience in both Digital and Analogue design
- Circuit simulation and computer-aided design tools (CAD)
- Design proving and type testing associated with high reliability products
- Familiarisation with defence standards and design of products to meet harsh environments
- Knowledge of basic project management principles and strong problem-solving skills
- Experienced in the use of the Microsoft suite of products
- Experience in both designing and maintaining Electrical /Electronic products
- Self-motivated and committed to meeting deadlines and other defined goals
- Ability to communicate easily with others, both internally and externally
If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the Hardware Electronics Design Engineer then apply directly or contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on either 01384 446102 or email suitable MS Word Format CV's