Compliance and Legislation Manager
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Pattern: Full Time
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Closing Date: 26/10/2018
About your role
As our Compliance and Legislation Manager you will be responsible for influencing, negotiating, interpreting and communicating external industry, national, European, regional and global machinery standards and legislation for the organisation.
This key role includes the generation of new internal standards and the maintenance of current engineering documentation to reflect changes in external standards and legislative requirements.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Represent the company's interests at trade associations and standardisation meetings, at national, European and global industry forums.
- Communicate proceedings, statues and decisions of the relevant product groups to be affected by change and influencing decisions, standards and legal requirements externally to meet internal requirements.
- Be responsible for development within product groups of internal position and comments prior to industry meetings.
- The Technical representation of the company in standards generation groups within UK, CEN and ISO in addition to UK and European trade associations.
- Responsible for the generation, maintenance and communication of all engineering standards internally.
- Interpret legal requirements for machinery supply globally and translation of these into engineering sign off and product development plans.
- Communicate current and future machinery supply legislation.
- This role involves regular extensive UK, EU and global travel to maintain representation at external committees.
- Advanced technical knowledge of machinery design governed by external standards and legislation.
- Degree or HND qualified in an engineering discipline.
- Can work and travel freely throughout the UK, Europe and Internationally
- Are a self-starting individual with excellent communication skills at all levels. You will have the ability to engage with and lead a global team and extended network with demonstrable communication, leadership and organisation skills.
Rewards and benefits?
Our achievements - now and in the future - are down to our 14,000-strong worldwide workforce. To say thank you, we give everyone here career development and the chance to progress. We also pay great attention to employees' health and welfare. You can expect medical insurance and dental care schemes, plus access to our healthy living centre. Naturally, this comes with a competitive salary, company pension and 33 days annual leave.
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW. For more information, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.