Group Purchasing Manager
Based in the West Midlands and reporting to the Directors of a specialist aerospace and industrial focused engineering and manufacturing company, the Group Purchasing Manager will oversee the planning and co-ordination of the company's inventory and purchasing departments whilst ensuring best prices and security of supply is always achieved.
This established family owned business has a recognised brand in their industry for the design, manufacture and supply of specialist EDM components, equipment and solutions across the global aerospace manufacturing sector.
In detail, the Group Purchasing Manager will be responsible for working closely alongside the directors and operations management to identify and deliver a purchasing and supply chain strategy which will:
- Recommend and implement solutions to reduce cost as well as to simplify the existing global supply chain
- Record and assess all materials quality, movement and expenditure
- Manage the distribution of supplies internally and externally
- Monitor inventory levels and access to material
- Collaborate with management to plan forecasting models
- Oversee, manage and support a small team of buyers and stores personnel
- Prepare and file detailed records on procurement activity, quantity and vendors
- Work within agreed authorisation levels
- Ensure dual supply of key components
- Deliver year on year material cost savings to agreed targets
- Interact with Engineering/Production to ensure procured parts are at the latest revisions of BOM's
- Utilise the company's MRP system to effectively plan materials
- Identify and introduce opportunities Kanban/JIT methodologies as necessary
- Ensure high value desirable materials are in a controlled environment and only issued prior to assembly
- Ensure inventory levels are accurate. Regular stock takes and perpetual inventory checks should be carried out regularly with results being communicated.
This is a strategically important role for the business and the right candidate should be motivated and self-managing. Additional essential skills include:
- Commercially astute and be an effective negotiator and communicator
- Experienced and dynamic in strategic sourcing and procurement, ideally with the aerospace sector
- Experienced in all aspects of MRP
- Have a tenacity to find and develop new competitive suppliers, domestic and globally
- Ability to lead, develop and motivate relating department teams
- Experienced in implementing and controlling a variety of stocking approaches (Kanban, consignment, JIT)
- Ability to plan and execute effectively
- Ability to develop and implement management information on purchasing and materials performance, KPI's and improvement plans
- Control and optimise inventory levels including perpetual inventory systems
- Ability to effectively represent the company in disputes with suppliers
- Control the monitoring and assessment of suppliers in QCD that will determine ongoing supply
- Experienced in capacity planning
To support this role, you should have either a degree or recognised senior level accreditations (CIPS, MCIPS) in purchasing and have a strong experience range in a similar role. With proven management experience, you should also have a solid understanding of supply chain and inventory management systems. In addition, you will have advanced knowledge of forecasting and budgeting processes supported by outstanding communication and leadership skills and be an effective negotiator.
If interested in this new position, then please apply directly or contact Matthew Heath (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Executive Search, a leading technical and industrial consultancy. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Executive Search are those of an Employment Agency.